Is being called "kinda cute" a compliment?

A few weeks ago I met my friend's brother when I was helping her move in to her new apartment. That night, after he left, she called him to ask something and I knew that he said something about me but my friend didn't tell me anything. About a week later she told me that he had told her that I was "kinda cute." Is this a compliment? I mean I know that if he would have said cute it would be a compliment, but it's the kinda that worries me. Or maybe that's just the way he talks. Idk. What do you think? I'm not freaking out about this or anything, I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes it is

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Compliment.

• i wouldn't take it as a compliment. obviously not an insult, but not a big enough deal for me to say it was a compliment. if you have to ask "no". he didn't call you actually cute or beautiful, he put the qualifier "kinda" in front which lessens it IMO. that doesn't mean that you're not better looking than that, but its how he chose to say it. I would ignore it lol