Who is the most talented modern-day (aka living) comedian in your opinion?

I would like to nominate Bo Burnham. I think he is hilarious as well as musically inclined, and I dig his style. link , link , link

What say you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Russell Peters because he's the only comedian who can do different Asian accents.

What Girls Said 4

• Kathy Griffin :D and Lewis Black are geniuses- to me.

• If we are talking about living legends then its Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock..but if we are talking new generation then I think Kevin Hart takes the cake...that guy is hilarious.

• Really? I think he is half-decent at best. I like Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy better than him any day of the week.

• maybe that's just because you can't relate...

• Well he tells personal stories about his kids and crap. I can relate to Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy though.

• Jeff Dunham! : )

• Cat Williams is hilarious! :]

What Guys Said 7

• damn,all my favorites are dead :(

for living ones I'll say d.l hughley. he cracks me up and he's very smooth about it, it seems like he's not even trying and yet he still kills most other comedians.

katt williams is good too, I just wish he'd stop trying to rap at the end of his shows.

louie c.k. is good, I like down to earth blue collar dudes and he's the best in that mold right now.

nick dipaolo and lisa lampanelli are funny as hell when it comes to roasting.

• now that I remember let me add to the list.

gilbert gottfried- very un p.c. (I love that), always says sh*t that most would only think of and not actually say in public.

lewis black- the madder he gets the funnier he is.

steven wright- funny in an odd way, I actually met him once and he's exactly the same as his on stage persona.

• Brian Regan and Demetri Martin are very funny.

Brian's style is clean and sarcastic. Love it. link

Demetri Martin is just witty and creative. link

Another underrated comedian is Pete Holmes.

link

• I know who Brian Regan is; I think he is decent.

• I prefer comics who are not high-energy that say something subtle yet brilliant that takes you half a minute to get the joke...like Mitch Hedberg.

• My favorite comedian is Eddie Izzard,

I haven't heard of Bo so I'll check the links

• Ehh... he's good with the piano I just didn't find his stuff funny

I like this musical comedian more link

• No, I wrote that comment before I refreshed the page and saw your comment. The first guy you mentioned didn't do it for me ...but to be honest, I am not a huge fan of British humor in general (Monty Python, Mr. Bean, et all).

• Must be cultural thing because I've just checked most of these US comedians and I don't really like them

George Carlin and Bill Hicks are funny but that's about it

• a guy none of you have probably ever heard of. a guy named Allen Ball, saw him on a cruise a efw years ago and he made me laugh harder than any other comic I've ever seen I honeslty think the whole ship saw him twice that night. sadly he hasn't foudn his way to comedy central or the mainstream yet

• louis ck or jimmy carr. Two different kinds of humor but both are funny

• Billy Connolly and Eddie Izzard

• What do you mean by 'talented' you mean funny right? I would choose Louis CK if that's what you mean.

• Yeah, and I like him too. For some reason, even though I find him funny as hell and blue collar, he isn't 100% my style.