Is it weird to ask a girl that I am interested in if she wants to go clothes shopping with me at a mall?

I really hate shopping with a passion and have been putting in off for months. I need some new clothes for work and some other stuff. I also would like to know her opinion and crap. Is asking her to come with me a bad idea?

I played it off like I had no idea what I was doing which isn't that far from the truth lol. I have made it clear that I am interested in her romantically and she knows that. We have been talking for the past two weeks about tons of stuff. I am good friends with one of her friends and we are trying to set up a double date as well. Lets see how it goes

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmn I'm not sure if a guy asked me to go shopping with him id feel like he only considered me a female platonic friend and that he's not interested in me =/ I don't know I think you should ask her out on a date first have your romantic moments and then later in the future go shopping as a couple

• I accidently posted this above, it was meant for you: Hey, what type of 1st dates do you enjoy the most?

• going out to eat somewhere casual, watching a movie, walking in the park talking

What Girls Said 12

• I think it's a good idea. She might even ask your opinion about something she tries on too if she likes you.

• This actually sounds like a lot of fun to me. As long as you aren't in a pissy mood because you hate it so much.

• itd be fun for the both of you! she'll help you, but deff try and drag you in a coiple of her favorite stores :)

• No, a guy asked me to go shopping with him and I thought it was cute that he wanted my opinion on what he should buy. We weren't dating yet, but we ended up going out a couple of weeks later.

• No this is perfect... guys should do this often :)

• It could be cute, tell her you know nothing about clothes and that she looks really good, so you want her advice. Then get something to eat afterward in the food court and offer to buy her a meal so it's more like a date!

• I think that's a great idea. Girls love to shop and the fact that you will ask her opinion of what the clothes look like on you gives you triple points. It's good to know that the guy cares about your opinion on things and especially on looks. It's another way of saying that you trust her and care about what she thinks because you like her.

• Do it! :)

• hmm hard to say. Just becareful you don't get put in the friend zone. I feel like that's more of something to do with someone you've been dating for a while.

• amen, I think shopping is more of a platonic thing. Can't really see how it's romantic/sexual/attractive lol.

• lol yeah I think I would wait and ask her out for coffee or for dinner to show that your interested in. I think shopping is just a friendly activity if your not dating, and could get you in the friend zone.

• haha I'd like that if a guy asked me that

• i think its a cute idea, I went shopping with this guy the other weekend it was fun! if you are afraid to make it sound to official be like hey ... if you want I am going shopping and I could use a opinion, id love if you could come!

• thats exactly how I put it

• Just ask her if she wants to go to the mall with you, you don’t have to be specific on why

• Hey, what type of 1st dates do you enjoy the most?

• the extent of my cooking skills is pretty much grilling would that count? Like grilled vegetables and chicken? lol

• lolz Totally eathor way it's still a good quality in a guy =)

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's a pretty good date idea. You get a chance to walk around and talk so it's pretty interactive and a great way to get to know each other and have fun.

• Good luck dude! To keep yourself from ending up in the friendzone you should definitely create a light, fun, and flirty energy with her. Take advantage of the fact that you're trying on clothes (and maybe she'll try some things too) to initiate physical contact and get her to as well.

Also, I'd advise against a double date until you've gone out with her at least a couple times alone and until you've had one solid makeout session.

• no man its a great idea, women love to dress up men, its like when they were small and playing with their dolls dressing them up and messing up their hair...

• Not a bad idea at all. I used to work at a mall. It also gives you a chance to better observe the things she likes.

• I've never thought of that but I think it's a good idea maybe see a movie first or get some lunch or something or just explicitly state that it's a date lol you don't wanna be in the friend zone

• It's a good idea... you should do it ..that way you could get to know each other a bit . Later say that you loved it and would love to hangout with her sometime.

• Last time I saw a guy ask a girl to go shopping with him was this guy in the movie Clueless that Alicia Silverstone's character couldn't tell was gay until way later. I think as long as you're not going to buy silk shirts or loafers you're fine.

• no, that shows her you have something in common