Why are women surprised when I tell them I do my own laundry?

And that I enjoy cooking? I mean, are that many other guys really so helpless/lazy that they need someone else to do this for them? I've been washing my own clothes since before I moved out of my mom's place.

Whenever I tell any woman that I I do this stuff for myself, they always respond with a "really? WOW!" I don't understand it.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of guys I know are super lazy about things like that. They still save up their laundry until they go home so mom can do it, and they definitely don't know how to cook. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I find out a guy does those things for himself. It's attractive.

• thanks. I just thought it was common for a guy to do that kind od thing from real early on. And I do LOVE to cook. It's one reason I love the holidays.

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't surprise me. Doing your own laundry and cooking are easy. I'm more surprised when people, regardless of sex, can't or don't do these things.

• I don't know why they are surprised by you doing your own laundry. Cooking I can understand because some guys aren't into it. Good for you that you love to cook! I love it when a man can cook, so that will get you major points with the ladies.

• i would not be surprised because if you did not, you would stink. & I would not be hanging around you. Unless you are dirt poor and can not afford to laundry, I would see it as very disrespectful, to be dirty.

i would be surprised if you did not do your own laundry. whos supposed to do it, if not you?

I do laundry with the guy I like almost everyday. I would not expect any adult, to not wash his clothes.

If these women are surprised you wash , then were I you, I would Question the company they keep.

• I'm not surprised by that.

• Because some them used to be pampered by their mom.

• There is a stereotype about men that they are lazy and are waiting for women to make their laundry and food.

A stereotype.

What Guys Said 0