Do guys REALLY have a rating scale?

based purely off of looks,do guys really have a rating scale on girls that they see?or is it just attractive or unattractive?i know its different for each guy,but I'm just curious as to what some of the answers would be

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, we do. The ones who say we don't are lying.

What Guys Said 16

• There is not really a rating system for me, she is either pretty, OK, or not. But I mean I can say that one is prettier than another but there is not number ranking. It is just based on what is see and like at the time.

• If by rating scale you mean that they have a well defined system of criteria which they use to classify women then no. We're not that sophisticated, really. I wouldn't say we actually rate women so much as we rate how much attraction we feel to them. It's not a cold, methodical calculation. All it really is is a guy assigning a number to his emotional state.

• When it really comes down to it, you're either unattractive or attractive. There is not "maybe, kinda" gray area. If I am attracted to you, it doesn't matter if some other girl happens to be a 10. I'm attracted and that's all that counts.

• Most of us do yes. From 1 tot 10. Perfect tens are very rare for me.

• what in your eyes, makes a girl a "perfect 10"?

• don't you feel then, you will be settling in the end, you know you won't be with Scarlett Johansson .

• No. Settling is when you go for someone less attractive than you would be able to get. There is no way in hell I could land her.

• I thought you did too?

• nopee,i never rate guyss..most girls I know just say if a guys cute or nott.

• Anyone can rate the other gender 1 out of 10 but that can be confusing if the number is a 6 or 5. Usually when I see a pic of a girl its either attractive, somewhat attractive, or unattractive. I think the unattractive ones will be attractive to the person God wants them to be with.

• No that's for tools. I think a lot of girls are gorgeous.

• haha good to know(:

• not most girls I knoww,and I don't even remember ever rating a guy.if a guys cute,i think he's cute.if he's not,then he isntt.there isn't a number

• Im the same way lol (;

• ofcourse. with some friends its a 1-10+ rating, others its basically pretty, cute, sexy, or not

• I could rate any girl if I'm asked to, but I don't unless I am.

• Not really.

• More like yay or nay

• I don't others might

• No we don't. At least I don't. It's unattractive, OK, and attractive.

• Yeah, absolutely. I rate a girl within seconds of seeing her face/body.

And the bro code is if she's a 9 or 10, you have to tell your mates so they can get a look at her as well.

• yup. 1-10

• yeah. we do. and in general we kinda agree- give or take 2 or three on ten...

it might be kinda degrading- but its true.

What Girls Said 0