College guy in need of fashion advice

I'm a freshman in college, and throughout high school I usually wore things from Express Men. Kinda dressy casual (cardigans, polos, graphic tees, leather jackets, etc) but after getting to college, I stick out like a sore thumb. Now, I don't want this to sound like I'm giving into society and just blending in, but at the same time I don't want to look like "that try hard kid who overdresses". I just want to look.. normal. So my question is, what is normal for most college guys? I've seen more guys here rock A&E, A&F, Hollister, Aero, Cargos, Jeans, Sandals, and like Converse, Pumas, and Adidas. Are these brands accurate? Like I said I just kinda want to blend in, and not be the odd one out. And these brands are cool so I would not mind adding them to my wardrobe.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly , I see way to many guys wearing the brands you just described . Sure , it looks good on them , but it gets so boring . But the style you described for yourself sounds really hot . In fact , I wish more guys around would stop dressing so prep and go for that . But anyway , if you don`t want to stick out too much & blend a bit , I suggest just getting a few items of the other brands and mix them in with your own style . Good luck !

PS. I totally recommend Aero & Converse . If you feel at all intimidated by shopping in a store with a different style , go into Aero first . It`s a much more welcoming place

What Girls Said 2

• stick to graphic and polos please, it doesn't matter what you wear in college, people won't be looking at your clothes, theyll be looking at your brain and how intelligent you are. That's what I do. But if you really want me to answer your question link I find it really attractive whene a guy dresses like this and a bag like that, its quite attractive to me that and I'm in love with this actor.

• ha wow... you sound like me but in high school... if "dressy casual" is your style than roll with it... Wear what feels good for you... don't worry if you stick out, if people judge you strictly on your appearance b4 they get to know you.. well they are obviously not the type of people you should want to hang out with..

What Guys Said 1

• dont wear any of those brands. just wear v neck t's or casual button up shirts.