What's it mean when women look you in the eye as you're walking by?

So, you read all over this site about how if a girl likes you she'll avoid eye contact, or look beyond him, or whatever. Then you get the occurrences... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• A hard question to answer, but I'll do my best.

Like guys there are confident and unconfident women. Confident women are going to be blatantly obvious when they're attracted to a man. They'll give intense eye contact, small smiles, winks, etc.

Unconfident women are going to steal glances at you then quickly look away. They can also become jittery, with their movements, gain embarrassed smiles, blush etc.

Now there's also another factor that comes into play. Sometimes you can lock eyes with someone unintentionally, by this I don't mean you unaware that it's happening either. It's kind of like you suddenly look up and see someone there and before you know it, the stare down is happening and it goes on for how long before one of the two parties (usually the girl) breaks it.

As you can see, to answer your question isn't easy. If a girl is interested she'll give you another sign like a blush or smile, if she's not giving these signs and staring unemotionally, I'd say it's an unintentional eye lock.

This is just a rough guide of course. I've found that when I'm interested in a guy that I lock eyes with, I give other cues I'm interested in him without even realizing it.