Girls, do you dress the way you do because of guys? Guys do you think women dress beause of you?

Just to see if there really is a major difference hre. I tend to think girls dress for themselves, but depending and what the event is they would dress for a guys attention (like on a date, duh on that one, lol).

I think girls beleive they dress fo themselves, but guys tend to think girls dress for them.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe you want an honest answer, Mr. Kain, that is NOT Best Answer quality (as usual), so I'll give you one!

At a certain age, for example teenagers, dress to impress. At that age, girls compete over a guy's attention and that's why they are obsessed with their looks, clothes, brand name bags, makeup, etc...

As they grow up, they understand that it's all in vain because they attract jerks (which wasn't the objective) because nice guys are intimidated. So, by time they start to develop their own clothing style, character, attitude, etc...

So, by time you start to please yourself and forget about what others like. That's why a lot of girls dress provacatively for their own pleasure and others dress conservatively because they love it.

Personally, I never dress to impress :)

What Girls Said 18

• I agree with you completely. On certain occasions, I may dress to impress, but that's using clothes already in my wardrobe, lol. I always dress for myself, but sometimes also for others or for a specific purpose. What I DON'T do is wear things I don't like. So I don't care how much someone likes something, if I don't like it and don't feel comfortable in it, I don't want to wear it. Only exception would be like a mandatory uniform for whatever reason. In which case I would find other ways to express my style. Of course it's a confidence boost when a guy likes something I'm wearing, but that's not like, my main objective when I get dressed. A lot of the time I just throw things on and don't care. If someone else happens to like it, cool.

• I dress - style wise, for myself.

But sometimes the cut of the things I choose is to get a guys attention.

• I dress for myself. I want to feel comfortable in what I'm wearing. It doesn't matter if it looks good to other people or not, because if I don't feel comfortable in it, I won't feel confident.

• I just dress up whenever I feel like it . cause honestly most guys don't cae about fashion, and I don't dress for other women . Me for school we have a buisness casual dress so I can either wear girlie or go with kakhi's and a polo and I alternate both looks cause I want variety

• I know that at the moment I dress to impress...but about to stop ...too much work when I'm not in the mood for it...

Now yes later no

Thats my honest answer

• I dress for myself. Toward the end of my senior year of high school til now [ my first year of college ], I've been seriously developing my own sense of style. I stopped going to Aeropostale years ago, and even stopped buying from Abercrombie since they never have anything anyway. I've never dressed to try to impress a guy nor dress provocatively.

• Sometimes if I LIKE a guy I admit I dress to try to impress him or catch his attention. I'm a bit...of a go getter. but if its the usual work place, then I dress according to THAT situation.

so yes I am guilty of sometimes dressing for a guy but I usually dress how I feel like. so it depends on the situation we're talking about.

• i go to an all girls school, so obviously, there's no guys to impress.

and yet, girls still get really dressed up just to go to class...

• I dress for myself usually. I pick out clothes because I think they are cute and depending on the occasion. Granted, if I'm just running to the store, I'll just put basketball shorts and a tshirt on, but if I'm going to class or to hang out with friends, I'll dress nicer. Honestly, I just wear whatever I think I will be comfortable it - for example, I wouldn't feel comfortable going out with friends in basketball shorts if they're all wearing dresses.

• Don't you wear anything for your bf?

• We live together. He sees me when I wake up in the morning lol. Yea, if we're going to go out some place nice, I wear nice clothes, but the same rule applies as when I go out with girlfriends.

• I have always dressed for myself, and truth be told, for other women. Ha! I'm a fashionista. I like to wear nice clothes. I don't think guys really appreciate them. Yes they like you to look nice, but they just want you to look sexy & show off your body. I dress for me, and it's nice if someone, usually other women, appreciate what I'm wearing. If not, that's OK, I like it.

BTW, I'm not "high maintenance" and don't shop all of the time or spend a fortune on clothes either. Totally unnecessary. If you'r smart & creative, you can keep up to date without a ton of $$$.

• well honestly I dress for myself but when I see someone I haven't seen I a long time or when I go visit my family I dress for them. back then when I was young and stupid well I thinki still am but not as much lol I useto dress more for guys and tried to look prittyer then my friends but now I dress for the ocation and if you are special ill dress to impress =)...

• I dress for myself and my bf.So I guess its considered as both.Usually I won't dress too revealing.I don't want people to stare at me and my bf,telling my boyfriend what a lucky guy.I doubt either it is a good compliment or not.

• Hmm I like to think I do it all for me but I agree that sometimes I might wear something I know will get me compliments from men, confidence boost you know :)

• I dress the way I do because it makes guys look at me, which in turn makes me feel admired and attractive. On the other hand, sometimes I just wear six-inch heels around the house because I like how they make me feel. Yes and no.

• Both! I dress modestly because I am uncomfortable with guys staring at me, or them saying rude remarks.

• I would say I definitely dress in a way that pleases men the majority of the time. However, I feel that I do it for myself as often as for them. I enjoy looking in the mirror and feeling sexy; sexy is my style. If I'm specifically on a mission to get a guy, then yea I might choose the sexier of the two outfits, but chances are they were both sexy to begin with. Not that all my clothes are straight up sexy, but they would all still be appealing to a guy...right down to my workout clothes. I don't really think I own anything that a guy would find unattractive, like bland shapeless items. So I don't really think it's fair for people to think girls are just dressed up to get a guy when they dress sexy. It just makes us feel good to look like that. Or at least if that's your natural style it does...unfortunately for men, not all girls love dressing this way. It just depends on the girl.

• you nailed this one BiNGO!

• I dress the way I want to for me.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think girls dress a certain way because of me, even on a date.

If I had that suspicion for some reason, I'd ask to confirm.

Like, say I go over to a friends place for dinner. (One of 'those' friends, if you know what I mean.)

And she's wearing a silk kimono thing, while lounging. Very casual. But I happen to have a thing for the silk kimono look. And she might know that. Or she might not. So I'd ask "Did you wear this for my benefit?" and try to sound lighthearted about it.

I tend to think girls dress for their own sense of self-worth and self-confidence.

• i think they dress to impress other girls. Its for status. Guys don't know what the hell the lastest fashion is. So she could of spent a bunch of time and money on her clotheing and a lot of guys wouldn't know the difference.

• girls dress for guys getting attention, don't be surprised a lot of those girls are either spoiled brats or have daddy issues as they never got the attention when they were small

• I dress the way I like which is a lot of polos, jeans high tops ect and girls happen to like it so works out for me well :)

• all girls dress to attract sexy ninjas ; )

• I don't think it's for guys. Even half the time they're dressed to show a lot of skin, I think it's for girls. Like, "take a look at my awesome TITAYS beyotches!"