Red lipstick on a black girl, Yes or No?

I am a black girl. I have the same skintone as gabrielle union only the space around my mouth is little bit darker. do you think I can wear RED lipstick?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm probably darker than you but I don't really wear any deep red lipstick. Lipstick actually makes your lips look bigger/fuller which I think for me isn't necessary. Although if I do decide to put it on I'll only let it tint my lips it's never too dark/deep. It's subtle and almost unnoticeable. I'm probably too used to wearing very natural looking makeup, but anyways. I don't know if this helps at all, but if anything just make sure you choose a color that suits you. The right color can make a huge difference.

Answering the initial question, yes black girls can look good with red lipstick. Just go for it.

What Guys Said 5

• YEAH! although I still think black girls look better without lipstick, using red lipstick deffinitly still looks good on them

• If you are going to use anything on you're lips I think "gloss" looks the best on black girls without the need of a color

• You can, you just have to match the outfit that your wearing with your lipstick shade.

• it doesn't look BAD but the best is to go for a pinkish brown :) It's not really a biggie though unless you go ridiulously bright.

• Ya, do whatever you like.

• Red Lipstick on any and every GIRL = HOT

What Girls Said 4

• Yep.

A nice rose red compliments our brown skin very well; put a little bit of gloss on there to hold the lipstick down and emphasize the color, and you'll be looking nice and kissable lol

I wouldn't go for the hella bright like candy cherry red pinkish reds, because they don't look as good in contrast.

But once you get the right shade of red - by all means - rock that sh*t :D

• Yea definitely. I would go and try out different colors of red though until you find one that matches you perfectly. Because of your skin tone I suggest a darker red or a red/coral color

• Yes, you just have to find the right shade for you.

Gabrielle Union wearing orangey-red lipstick link

This time she's wearing a deep red shade in a warm tone with maroon liner blended in link

Another warm red shade link

• It depends on if it looks good on you...That goes for any race. Red Lipstick is not the easiest color to pull off and everyone can't do it, but it's not because of your color, it's because..Well it just doesn't fit. But I am all for trying new things. I say go for it and see if you like it. I am black, and wear red lipstick and love it and I get tons of compliments. I have a white friend who looks crazy in it and vowed to never wear it again. So it doesn't depend on your color. It depends on how you rock the hell outta those lips!