Girls how much do you spend weekly on your looks?

I just want to know if its expensive being a girl.

so, it seems that many of the girls on this site don't take care of themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls how much do you spend weekly on your looks? Depends on the month I spend 5 dollars a week every three months. $20 buys me enough for 3 months.

Skin-

cleanser, toner, moisturizer for daily use

precleanser, deep cleanser, scrub, mask, toner, moisturizer for weekly use

exfoliating body/face lotion

kojic acid soap

Hair-

shampoo

coconut/avocado/olive oil

protein & moisture conditioner

moisturizing deep conditioner

protein deep conditioner

neutral henna for weekly shine treatments

henna for monthly coloring

tweeze my own eyebrows

sugaring for hair removal..it's brown sugar and honey with reusable cloth strips from jeans

Nails-

pedegg replacement pads

corn/callus shaver blade replacements

cuticle oil..olive oil

nail art

Lips-

lip scrub...brown sugar & honey

lip moisturizer- coconut/avocado/olive oil in a lip gloss tube

Teeth-

whitening toothpaste

whitening mouthwash

whitening strips

Clothes-

I have a sh*tload of clothing from my modeling career so...no need to buy any

^ the amount you spend doesn't equal how much you take care of yourself.

What Girls Said 22

• I couldn't really say. I buy things as I need them. Shampoo, conditioner, razors, shave gel, body wash, face wash, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. It's really not that expensive. I don't need high end s.hit to make myself look nice. Makeup lasts a long time, clothes last quite a while. I do my own nails, my own eyebrows. I cut and dye and style my own hair, and when I don't, my mom's friend does hair and does mine for free or super cheap. I take care of myself just fine and I think I get the better deal because I don't have to spend a s.hitload of money to have other people do it for me.

• what I buy lasts me about 3 months. so every three months I spend... lets see...

face cleanser (only lasts me about a month so id need 3)- $15 each= $45

conditioner (need 3 also)- $9 each= $27

shampoo (need 2- I don't use as much shampoo cause its bad for your hair)- $18

sunscreen/moisturizer for face- $12 (lasts a long time)

makeup:

eyeshadow- $15

mascara- $20

eyeliner- $17

lip balm- $3

eye concealer- $15

____________

body butter- $15

nail polish- $8

heat protectant for hair- $15

... so in 3 months I spend $210= $70/month= approx. $17.50/week

• how expensive it is to be a girl all depends on what you like. for example, my friend cakes on the makeup every day, and her makeup is the most expensive out there. I, on the other hand, don't wear that much makeup, and I get the cheap stuff. I've spent probably $50 total on makeup ever, and she probably spends $50 per month. The same is with clothes and shoes. If she won't wear anything but name brand and has to get a new wardrobe every season because everything is "outdated" then she is gonna spend way more than someome who buys the less expensive stuff and does not buy what she doesn't need. It totally depends on the girl. But to answer your question I probably spend like $10 per month unless there is something special for some reason.

• oops, I guess I didn't think about hair. Girls that color/highlight their hair and go to salons (and not great clips, that one is terrible) then it is a lot of money. I don't dye my hair or get perms or anything, but I get it cut 2-3 times per year for 15 bucks a pop from my friend's sister.

• Weekly? Nothing unless I run out of something or I go to the store and find a cute outfit. The makeup I buy lasts for at least a month for every product. I buy packs of razors, shampoo & conditioner, deodorant, body soap, etc. that lasts me a few weeks. I paint my own nails and I don't buy clothes usually unless I need a new outfit or just in the mood because I have a ton of clothes and shoes already. I do my own eyebrows too.

• I agree with oOsweetonessOo, basically nothing per week. Every once and awhile I buy a new bottle of shampoo or some new mascara, etc. when I've run out, but that's about it.

• "so, it seems that many of the girls on this site don't take care of themselves."

How do you figure? How much money should a girl spend weekly on her looks, and what sorts of things should she be spending that money on?

• no but your a girl

• Yeah, but I wouldn't want a guy who doesn't take care of himself.

• Too much.

For me, every six weeks I get new highlights, or a root touch up on my hair.

Getting my nails filled in every 2 weeks.

Makeup alone is bogus on how expensive it is. Especially eyeliner. Ridiculous.

I run almost daily so I go through shoes like water.

Basically the necessities for me, but it adds up after awhile.

• $ 0.00 - a day

$ 0.00 - a week

$ 0.00 - a month

$ 25 or so bucks - every 6 months - have to restock on eyeliner and hair product.

So like 45 - 50 bucks a year at the most.

• dont you get a manicure, pedicure, facial hair, your hair, eyebrows, buy nice clothes.

• I do my own nails, it's much cheaper than blowing almost 80 bucks a month on it, I don't have very much facial hair, and I know how to trim my own eyebrows, I know how to do my own hair in various styles - maybe get my hair braided like once a year - I do my clothes shopping during that 6 month break there - and I shop non name brand so I get nice shirts for like 4 bucks.

Not much of a spender lol - but I'm a college student so -

• @ Update

You don't have to blow sh*t loads of money to take care of yourself - and with the way the economy is, it pays to have good money sense, and buy what you NEED rather than what you want -

I see no point in wasting cash too look absolutely stunning everyday; why not just get what you need to look good? Which is often pretty reasonably priced.

And keep in mind that products like make up and jewelry / clothes last for a while - clothes especially.

• That is not true girls take care of themselves...just because a lot of us don't get manis and pedis every week does not mean we don't take care of ourselves in other ways. I will normally do a different hairstyle everyday so it's a bit different, I use different colors in make up and blend according to the colors I wear..It doesn't take all that long, maybe to get ready it takes me like 25 mins, unless I curl my hair then add another 15-20.

• I don't calculate it weekly because I don't spend it weekly. My makeup usually lasts me a year, my clothes a few years, my hair care products six months, etc. But I know I spend a lot, in the multiple thousands.

• I don't do a lot with myself. I wear skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and slip on shoes a lot. I don't have great hair because I could never figure out how to style it nicely. I wear some concealer and mascara sometimes when I'm not too lazy or rushed to do it. Uhm as far as cost...i don't really know but, I'm fairly certain it's not much. The only thing I'm willing to spend a crap ton of money on is jeans. for example, if I find awesome jeans that look really good on me, I'll spend about $150 on them tops. I also don't dye my hair like I use to because it's too damaging for my hair type so I have to just have my natural color which is pretty dull. so clearly I don't have a lot going on with myself. So a lot of times, I just go places looking like a bag of d***s..

If you're asking this question, then I'm assuming you spend a lot on yourself, too. Not that it's a bad thing of course...just an observation.

• Weekly? Well, I consider getting my eyebrows done a maintenance, but I don't do it WEEKLY. If I divide the cost of that by three than you would get $5.00 a week.

• -Hair products: Approx. $25(mostly deep conditioners)

-Skincare products: Approx. $20

-Clothing: Approx. $50(if my mom hasn't gotten paid and is buying me random stuff)

-Nail polish: Approx. $30-$40 I buy OPI & China Glaze(my fave)

-Supplements & Vitamins: About $30 every few weeks, like once a month

It just differs :)

• its not very expensive at all

• i just spend maybe 40 bucks every 3 months to restock on hair stuff and every like 3 weeks I buy a shirt that's about 20 bucks so I don't spend a lot I'm not a total girlie girl...

• Weekly ? I don't buy makeup and clothes on a weekly basis.

• Ha ha I feel like the odd one out, about $100, facials, mani pedis, hair cuts, new makeup, body lotions, spa day (once a week) EXT.. Its the price I pay for baby soft skin ha ha :)

• Wayy too much. You're lucky you're a guy :)

• Weekly? are you serious? To correct you, I spend at least $100 every 8 months on makeup.

• just what blufrenzy93 said LOL

• Let's say I buy something like foundation one week... it lasts a long time, usually months. Most makeup does last awhile so answering how much is spent weekly is hard to say because it depends on the week. I will admit though that I do spend a lot on my looks/hygiene but I don't necessarily buy expensive products like other girls might. I'll spend whatever it takes to look the way that I want. I do buy expensive shampoos and conditioners (around $30 a bottle). I never ever use the store bought shampoos.. it makes such a big difference. I would say that I spend most of my money on hygiene/clothes/makeup/braces.

How much do guys spend... like $10/month? haha

• A week I can't even think of lol I mean I get my hair done every month, my nails done every month, new make up, clothes here and there, razors, shampoo and conditioner, body wash.. I spend probably $100-$150 a month

• I can't budget weekly. I don't know. I buy things when I need them.

But when you factor in buying makeup, makeup brushes, shampoo, conditioner, razors, razor gel, facewash, body wash, toothpaste, mouthwash, contacts, contact solution, hair products, perfume, haircuts, nail polish, getting your nails done, tampons, acne medication... it's a lot.

What Guys Said 4

• dude its so cheap to be a chick...negligible really

• this is a good question. Lol the lists of stuff I never heard of

• When you look at the savings in food costs when they try to lose weight against the cost of beauty products, it probably evens out to about $0. =P

• It's only expensive if you make it expensive.