Do you think it's wrong for kids to play house and why?

back when I was little me, my cousins(girls), and my mom's bff daughters used to play that on the download... I would be the father and they would be the mother, daughters, etc and some time it would get a little x-rated; I think this is why later own we would hear our parent tell us not to play that games. but what about you? would you let kids play that game? and why?

• Yes
  • No
sorry for the spelling errors, but this is what I met...

"back when I was little kid, my cousins(girls), and my mom's bff daughters used to play that on the download... I would be the father and they would be the mother, daughters, etc and some time it would get a little x-rated; I think this is why later on we would hear our parent tell us not to play that game. but what about you? would you let kids play that game? and why?"

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you think is wrong for kids to play House and why? No it's a game & as for fear of it getting x-rated the media throws adult stuff at kids 24/7.

would you let kids play that game? Yes

and why? It's game that can be used as a development stage stepping block aka getting past the imitation stage.

What Girls Said 4

• Imitation, such as playing house, is a normal form of play for children. Sexual curiosity/exploration is also normal. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't encourage my children to explore with each other that way, but I plan on being open with my children about sex and the human body from a young age (in an age-appropriate way), and if they did do that kind of sexual exploration, I would be very careful in how I addressed it in order to not make them feel bad, ashamed, or guilty. I've talked to many people who have done things like that when they were young and their parents reacted badly---they carried that guilt and shame with them into adulthood. I think that's wrong.

• "Wrong?" No.

Kids will be kids, they should be able to play however they want (within reason).

But if they aren't playing within reason, or doing things that are inappropriate, it's important to sit them down and let them know.

But I hate letting kids play house anyways; it's not a very fun game :P it's predictable, boring, and kids today don't really enjoy it at all.

• wow..same here(that just brought up memories). but I don't think it should be a problem if parents are around.

• There's nothing wrong with playing house when it's kept PG. I used to play it all the time when I was a kid and it never got into anything bad. It's the kids and the influences that are around them that determine whether or not kids will go to far, not the game.

What Guys Said 4

• My sister, our aunt, and our cousins all used to play doctor. Haha, thing was we actually played doctor. One of us would have some terrible affliction like a brain tumor or broken leg and the others would operate. It was actually pretty fun, we got to give injections and use hammers to put a patient out. Great sh*t.

• Should they play doctor instead?

• I dint know what kind of house you were playing. O_o

• it's just a game and there's nothing wrong with it