Scarred Up Legs & Dresses?

Do you think it's in bad taste or style or even unclassy for a girl with a couple of scars on her legs to wear skirts or dresses(that obviously show the legs)?

Is it just wrong or tacky?

Does it look bad to wear skirts/dresses if one does not have thin legs, but rather muscular/toned legs?(not manly muscular)

Be completely honest.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, I say eff people who are paying that close attention. I don't think scars on your legs should ruin your ability to wear dresses for life.

Also, it doesn't matter (to me) how thick your legs are, girls with thick or thin legs wear dresses all the time. So again, my vote is to wear what makes you happy.

-Deshawn

• Yeah, chicks with chicken legs & beef sticks wear dresses but that doesn't mean it looks good lol

• You're both weird :D

• Well if YOU make it look good, then it doesn't matter what chicken legs or beef sticks (lol) do with their dresses.

But I'm no expert on this stuff, you should ask my brother Deshaun.

What Guys Said 7

• No, definitely not. Scars are just superficial marks, they won't ruin the allure of nice legs. Same goes for larger legs. It wouldn't bother me a bit.

• Scars - Honestly I would expect any person who isn't a total couch potato to have a few scars on their legs. It's part of having an active lifestyle that you learn to deal with. So I wouldn't think anything of it.

As far as muscular/toned legs go, that's my personal preference so if a girl is showing off her legs I'd like to see that more than I would skinny legs. But then I don't like delicate features on a woman. I don't associate delicate with femininity. I associate it with frailty and weakness.

• No and No, I think skirts and dresses almost always look better than pants.

• People should wear whatever they want. Unless it's just outlandish, it's not going to be a big deal either way.

• I wouldn't mind at all. A girl can have beautiful legs and still have scars.. I mean we all have some scars. Muscular/toned legs can be sexy too. It wouldn't be tacky or wrong either.

• Not in bad taste at all and muscular legs are not a bad thing

- Deshaun

• nope

if you wanna wear it wear it!

What Girls Said 6

• Its not an issue I have scars on my legs and guys think I'm hot

• I don't think it's any of those things you mentioned. I say go for it if YOU want to. I bet you'll look great.

• I have a VERY badly scarred right leg... almost lost it when a truck hit me aged 14. So... do I wear dresses with sheer tights? I used to more when I was younger but I'm 49 now and VERY self conscious of how noticeable it is. I feel ugly if it's on show and I am not an ugly woman. (have similar looks to Kirstie Allsopp according to many friends). Suggestions men please? :)

• Only perfect skinny people should show their legs. Everyone else should wear pants in 100 degree heat. No just kidding it doesn't matter. if you have scars you can't help it and I wouldn't expect you to suffer. I think muscular toned legs actually look better than skinny legs with no muscle. as long as you are in shape you can rock what you want

• i don't think so. I think it's silly to dress for others and always wonder what other people are going to think before getting dressed.

• and I say what other people think because if they're afraid to wear it, then they must be concerned about other people's opinions which I think is stupid. no one has prefect skin

• I normally don't care, but, the scarring is something that's always bothered me. I mean, it only bothers me when it comes to wearing skirts and dresses on a daily basis. I don't know why. I feel like everyone is staring at the scars.

I've come such a long way with my acne & now that it's gone, I guess I'm focusing on something else.

• you're probably the only one that is bothered by it. most people are so worried about their own issues, that they don't even notice other people

• No. Everybody has some scars. I have a few cuts on my ankle right now because I scratched my mosquito bites and I still wear skirts to work. Unless your legs are literally covered in scars and cuts, nobody is scrutinizing your skin.

Muscular and toned legs look fine with dresses! I don't know what type of skirts and dresses people imagine, but I honestly think that a girl who is not very thin looks thinner in a knee length skirt than she does in jeans.

My legs and thighs are toned but not manly or fat too, just not so skinny. I wear skirts and dresses, and I think I look great in them, and guys like it too.

• I think it's all in my head. I mean, a couple of weeks back my friends and I went to the mall and I decided to wear a dress that day. I felt like EVERYONE was staring. But that's the same feeling I get if I have a huge pimple or my eyebrows are starting to grow out

• Don't worry I am sure you look great just how you are. We all get bothered by little insecurities. Haha I am also into my eyebrows :P I don't even have really thick ones or a unibrow or anything but I like them perfectly arched and shaped nicely so I won't go more than 3 weeks without getting them threaded. I am sure nobody is staring at you unless they think you look good.