Does anyone know how to reduce the appearance of stretch marks?

I use to be 340 now in about 140. I was wondering if their is a good option over the counter to help reduce the look of them.

Most Helpful Guy

• You lost 200 lbs? Amazing. Hopefully this was done the old fashioned way, that would be truly inspiring.

The best way to reduce the appearance of stretch marks is to prevent them by applying cocoa butter or bio oil as your skin is stretching. Since you are far removed from that point in time, you basically have to wait a considerable amount of time in hopes that they fade, or have microdermal abrasion surgery. Some say it costs up to $1500, which in my mind can be a lot cheaper than pinning your hopes on cheap oils and having to apply them every single day.

• yes I woke up and I had to do something about it. I have a metabolism issue as well. I excercised ate healthly but I started off slow. I do eat ice cream sometimes yumm ice cream. No surgery for me even ifs a laser etc.

What Guys Said 2

• Nobody has answere this question for old Mr. Naive here. What are stretch marks?

• thier scaring of the skin. Happens mostly from puberty growth. Also from gaing weight and losing weight. Between 75% and 90% of women develop stretch marks to some degree during pregnancy. Also almost everyone has some strech marks.

• Go you! Congrats on all of your weight loss success, that's a wonderful story! I unfortunately know nothing about stretch marks but I know that my best friend used some creme to get rid of hers after she had her son. I'll ask her today and get back to ya.

What Girls Said 4

• Mederma has a new cream for stretch marks, about $36. Have'nt tried it yet. Stretch marks are usually hereditary.

• bio-oil!

• Bio-Oil or cocoa butter

• I used cocoa butter to help mine fade. They do fade on their own over time, but cocoa butter speeds up the process. I've also heard great things about Bio Oil.