Does psoriasis take away from beauty?

I have psoriasis in my thighs, neck, and arms. Some days it's more noticeable than others, and my legs aren't too bad (it's not as noticeable as the rest). Some days it almost looks like fresh burn marks or something. People have asked about it before, so I know that people are noticing it, but it's not like most people would come right out and say "wow, that's gross". So I'm wondering if people think I'm uglier because of it.

It looks like this, only my patches aren't that big:

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm darker skinned and I have eczema so it tends to blend in with my skin and many people don't notice.

When I was smaller I was self-concious about it especially in the summer when everyone was wearing shorts and stuff. I think my first time wearing shorts to school was when I was 17 lol. and when I did people were like wow why have you never shown your legs before there nice.

Its not so bad and people unless there my close friends don't notice to much unless there observing my body parts...like arms legs...its gotten a lot better I guess it gets that way as you grow older.

I have had boyfriends in the past they don't care ...they usually ask if its contagious and once they find out its not were cool.

It doesn't make you ugly, just unique in a way I guess. We rock skin inflammation.

What Guys Said 2

• I have the (perhaps false) belief that my psoriasis is for me alone and nobody really notices. But I hate it anyhow. I get cream for it but the doctor warned me that it may never truly go away. I try to live with it

• I don't think so... there are many people who have skin conditions in this world and I'm sure there are those who find them beautiful.

What Girls Said 5

• I know how you feel. I have eczema and when it breaks out in a noticeable spot people tend to ask "OMG what happened to you!" It's awkward. Yes, I think skin discoloration like psoriasis and eczema detract form beauty but it doesn't necessarily make you ugly.

• i wonder this too on occation...however I have guttate psoriasis its a tad more rare in case... but lately when I feel actually confident enough to wear a skirt or dress or bare my legs that way or even a tank top I feel like a monster when guys ask me what's wrong with the scars on my arm and stuff

i started to use a combo of sally hansens airbrus legs and then put olays shimmer lotion ontop and it makes my legs and arms look so nice ut it doesn't cover everything :( so I feel bad

• 1 in 7 people have some form of psoriasis. Think about that when you're hanging out with people. Besides, the right people won't give a shit.

• And don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Taylor swift said that she has it.
      And Ik Kim Kardashian does.

• People who say that are rude and shallow. I'm sure you are beautiful!

• Its all in the way you carry yourself. I have a huge second degree burn that takes up half of my leg and another second degree burn on my wrist about 8 inches long. Some people don't notice and others do. Guys still check me out the way they did b4 the burn (I wear short shorts). You have to have confidence