Wardrobe disaster need some help

i have always worn preppy brands such as hollister, abercrombie etc not for the name but the style of clothing just went well with my laid back personality. pretty soon I will be changing, or maintaining my wardrobe and I don't know if I should stick to the style I've had most of my life, or if I should buy other things from stores like express or h&m. a lot of factors go into this as I am going off to college soon in new jersey and from what I've heard unless I'm wrong most guys at college wear what I wear now, and if that's the case I might just stick to my guns. idk, what do you guys think

Updates:
or mayb be more casual and just wear sweatshirts and plain tees and sneakers
you guys are looking why too deep into this... I have no problem adding other clothes to my wardrobe.. the simple question is keep wearing what I've been wearing because its a cool style or would it benefit me to change up my style

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• i think what you should be concerned about the most is BEING YOURSELF. Don't change yourself to 'fit in'. Wear whatever makes you feel good.

All my life I had long hair, wearing skater clothes, wearing hats or bandanas EVERYDAY. But now I'm in college, I'm really starting to adjust to jeans and a plain tshirt with nerdy running shoes. (dont judge me lol).

Under all those clothes is the same guy. Just be yourself man.

0|0
    0|0
    • thats what I mean... I'm not changing ME to fit in.. nor my clothes.. but if I can pick between two style I like, and one of them helps me settle in college more why not do it?

• again, that's entirely up to you. whatever makes you comfortable

What Girls Said 1

• Do you like motorcycle jackets? I have always thought that it looked so hot with just jeans and a t-shirt. I find it very laid back. I have friends who wear V-necks and Khakis.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Wear what you feel comfortable in.

When you talk about trying to fit in by wearing certain clothes, that sounds pathetic.

0|0
    0|0
    • lmao no ones tryin to fit in buddy, but wouldn't you feel more comfortable in an environment where you share a common interest with other people (in this case, your style).

• Show All
    • I'm not a poser. Where did I imply that I would try to fit in based on style? I wouldn't go to a metal concert because that's not the kind of music I like.

But if I really liked metal bands, I would buy their shirts and it wouldn't be a matter of fitting it. It would be a matter of being a fan and support my artist.

You view it as wearing clothes outside of your element so nobody looks at you funny. That's called being a poser.

• I was talking about a hypothetical situation. But someone who wears Lacoste, and Polos could very well like Metal, and want to attend a metal concert. Would it be wrong of them to maybe wear girl jeans and a metallica tshirt like you said to maybe not feel alienated?