How to deal with my receding hairline? (more how to accept then how to fix)

i'm 23 and my hairline has been going since the about age 17. I'm thinking maybe I should just buzz my hair, but the problem is that I have always been known for my shaggy hair and I don't know if I can take all the inevitable negative comments if I took the plunge (such a drastic change would freak out everyone I know, and I'm sure the girls would hate it) it also doesn't help that I hide my hairline pretty well, so for most people to see that I'm actually balding would be a big shock.

what do you think? should I wait until it gets so bad that I can't hide it or should I just bite the bullet and embrace a new look - even if it's not a desirable one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for the plunge! These guys are hella attractive and have little hair...Sam Kass, Kelly Slater, Tyson Beckford, Wentworth Miller! Inspired?

What Girls Said 3

• I actually really like buzz cuts and bald guys :)

• Go for it, I say. It's a drastic change but it's better to do it now than later. Imagine having 'shaggy' hair with a thinning hairline? Not attractive at all. My partner's hair is thinning as well plus he started going grey when he was 21! He's only 33. And judging from some of the answers already, not ALL girls will hate a buzzcut on you.

• Own it. Bald guys can be freakin hot.

What Guys Said 2

• Get a fringe? Or just... I mean, they don't even look that bad. Look at Brian Eno in his early days. I'd LECH that sh*t.

• own it, shave your head