Should I wear makeup to work as a waitress or no?

i got a job as a waitress at a restaurant in town that is very popular with high school students and people my age. all my friends say the better you look, the more tips you'll get. does that mean I should wear no makeup, a little makeup, or a lot of makeup?

another girl from my school works there. she coats herself in makeup but apparently makes the best tips out of every girl there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I waitressed and never wore make-up, and I made the most tips, but that was because I greeted every table with a smile and a "hi", I didn't screw up their orders and catered to them. One family of three would spend $40.00 and they would give me a $20.00 tip. ALL THE TIME, and they came in more than 3 times a week.

If you want to wear make-up, I suggest you wear little make up because you will get hot and make-up melts. If it gets busy, you may not have time to go to the bathroom and fox it and you don't want to be touching your face. The customers will notice and some will be grossed out. Also, keep your hair out of your face.

What Guys Said 7

• If you want people to think you look your best, just wear a little makeup. Too much makeup can just look foolish sometimes.

• a little, not much.

• Do you want or like more tip money?

Then yes.

• Appearance plays no part in tips. It's how you act

• More makeup does NOT equal looks better. You DO know that, right?

• Well going by what you say, wearing some makeup sounds like a good idea.

If I were to come to your restaurant though, I'd probably give the biggest tip to the waitress with the least makeup. :P I can't stand women plastered in makeup, I like them looking as natural as possible. If you don't have any on in your photos, (though I guess you probably do.. :P) I would say don't worry about it.

• your cute, you don't need to wear any anyways

What Girls Said 8

• I would wear makeup, but do a nice natural look. Do a little mascara and some subtle eyeliner. That should be all you really need. And foundation if you feel it helps, but not too much. Try to keep it natural. Basically just keep a clean, presentable appearance and you should be good :)

• If you look better in makeup then go for it but makeup doesn't add on attractiveness for some people.

I've been a waitress for years and whenever I do my hair and take time to look good I always get the best tips.

• The amount of makeup you normally wear, probably. Makeup can't make you attractive. Anyway, I agree with Megan, I know personally I'd tip someone for their service (although to be fair I'm not a guy, haha)

• Does anyone really look good with a lot of make up? ...really? ...

Wear a little make up, but make it really work for you. :)

• If it makes you feel confident, wear some (not too much though)...But Megan's right about the quality of your service generally being the most important factor to getting good tips!

• Yeah, definitely doll yourself up at least a little.

• sure, just don't wear too much.

• Well I know for myself I look best with a light foundation/tinted moisturizer, mascara, a little eyeliner, blush and when I fill in and pluck my eyebrows. I would try and look good personally if I was a waitress cos the better looking waitresses make more generally. But of course you have to be friendly too.