Girls, why do you wear make-up for?

Girls that don't have bad skin by the way

so which girls look better? girls with a little bit of make-up? OR all natural?

thanks for all your answers *_^

Most Helpful Girl

• when us girls wear make-up its not really because we're insecure. its more for us than it is for yall. we wear something as a confidence booster, we like to look nice. its the same as dressing a certain way that makes you feel good inside .!

What Guys Said 7

• WHY?!

• to make themselves look prettier? all natural girls are amazing and kind of hard to find nowadays, but I personally prefer a little bit of make up. the nude look, if that's what its called.

• So that their cheeks are more pinch-able.

• Yours are naturally pinch-able but others' are unfortunately not so they need make-up. Jk ha ha nobody needs make-up. Natural is much better. Or a tiny tiny tiiiiiny bit of make-up. No more.

• Haha yep you are :P

• I like all natural girls but a little bit of make up is good too

• its out of insecurity sis, its pretty sad really.

• Because it makes a girl, look like a girl. I don't mean that in an insuliting way. Girls just don't look right with out it. She looks like the same girl that I wake up with in the morning. I prefer her to be more prettier when we are out having fun. It makes me feel better about myself too. I insvest a lot of my time to look my best by going to the gym, she got to put a little effort too.

I don't have a problem with girls not wearing make up. It's their bodies and their decision. I respect that. But I wouldn't date a girl that doesn't take care of her appearance, no matter how pretty she is now.

You are pretty with out make up, Imagine how much more prettier you would be with it. :) and feel much better about yourself. You were given your good looks from your parents and you should put some effort in looking better.

Girls, without make up get approached less because it doesn't give off a sexual vibe. Its kinda same as looking at your sister/cousin or a friend.

The way a girl looks brings in the guy but her personality is the thing that keeps him there. (that's a fact!)

• It can look good if done right. I'm not saying that girls can't look good naturally. I think it's just kind of like dressing up.

What Girls Said 41

• I have never worn make-up and wonder myself why girls that don't need it do. I think it is a waste of money. people think that I wear make-up even though I don't. Girls/ women that wear to much look ridiculous and most don't know how to use it the way they are supposed to. It should look natural not looking like Tammy Faye Baker (clown-like). Some pretty girls make themselves look awful because they do not know how to use it properly. Using too much will actually cause acne, loss of color in the cheeks and lips, which makes it so that the woman continues to need to wear it. Vicious cycle I think. However some women do need it.

• I kind of don't wear any lol

But when I do its because I can ;D Liquid eyeliner makes me feel like a pin-up model :D

• Years ago when I had acne I was a major cakeface & I can gladly admit that. I wore multiple forms of foundation on my face(liquid, concealer, colored poweder and finished off with translucent powder) and I wore heavy eye makeup.

Then, I wore it because I had bad skin and even when I quit wearing the makeup I still had bad skin. My skin was oily & I would develop cystic acne.

Anyways, I wore foundation up until the months before I began Accutane for acne and since there I haven't been able to wear makeup because 1) My skin is still adJusting. Going from oily to dry to normal isn't a simple process & 2)It looks bad on my skin now -_-

Now I just wear eye makeup, eyeliner & mascara. My eyes are my best features and I like to play them up. Plus, I look very blah, plain, boring, so it definitely helps. Um, but for homecoming I plan on doing a smokey eye with false eye lashes

• I don't have the best skin in the world, but I don't wear make up at all. It just doesn't seem my 'thing'. I like being able to say I'm proud in my own skin without having to hide it from the world. In fact I don't see why people of my gender where make up, you're all pretty without it, even if you don't think you are. Especially those who think your the exception to this little tangent of mine.

• DEPENDS on how they put makeup... some just using powder and they are good, some put lipstick then they are good, some put blush on and foundation still light make up, SOME really looks like clown because they are histrionic in that way they can caught the attention of people... (it varies)

The reasons why they do this are to make themselves more attractive and to be more feminine and sexually appealing. It's to express their creativity, their beauty, to hide what they don't like about themselves and accentuate what they do like about themselves.

BUT I think wearing makeup is up to you , wether you need it(or want it) its your choice and I like some of the makeup too hehe. I think it can make someone feel better about yourself, but yeah its a free world and wear what makeup you like!

Hope it helps ;)

• to look more "done", professional or glam, or trendy depending on what look I'm going for. also I wear concealer if I'm having a bad skin day. basically because I want to. I'm not insecure, I just like to

• Just for fun, lol.

• cool :) once I got make0up and made myself look like a zombie :D

• Haha, I've done that too! It's so much fun. =P

• It depends on how you apply it. Some people would honestly look better without it because they don't wear it very well. In other words, they don't know how to put it on. I've seen other people who honest to God look a lot better with it because they are just really good at putting it on. I only wear mascara and a little foundation. I also apply some concealor under my eyes to make me look less tired. I don't wear eye liner because I just suck at putting it on, so I gave up on that. The only thing is I hate when I accidently rub my eye and its a pain to remove all that mascara! So I don't wear a lot not because I'm natural lol, but because I can't apply it very well so it doesn't really do anything for me.

So, I think MOST people would look better with it, ONLY if they apply it correctly.

• I think makeup can be used as an accessory and add something to your outfit/overall look. I like to copy Lauren Luke videos every now and again. I generally get compliments on my eye makeup when I do.

• I don't wear much, never have. I like it, it's socially acceptable. I think I would look OK with or without it, I wear it to work & when I go out, that's it. I only wear a tinted moisturiser because I need a moisturiser & gives me a bit of a cover, very light; mascara, and a tinted lip moisturiser. If I go out on a date, I wear an eye shadow. Maybe a blush if I look pale. I've seen men wear more make up than me. lol

I think it looks nice. Because it's a moisturiser & not foundation, I don't think I look made up or fake.

• i feel weird without eyeliner lol... my eyes are really dark, so I use eyeliner to look less dead :p

• Wearing make up for me is completely at random. I might wake up one day and be like, hmm I want to put make up on today and then proceed to do so.But I wear it mostly when I go out or doing something important during the day.

• I only wear eye make-up, and I wear it because I think it enhances my looks and its like a art to me. I like playing with new colors. I have absolutely no problem leaving the house makeup-less though. I'm not sure if I'd go to work make-up less because in the profession I'm in- it wouldn't look professional.

• I don't have bad skin, but I do have a bit of redness, so a corrector and a loose (translucent) powder over it does the trick.

...and I can't deny I like adversity, different looks for different days, depending on how I feel. It'd fun as well.

• I like the way it looks, and experimenting with it.

But I feel prettier when I have it on, it looks nicer to me and I feel like it just makes me look better.

• I usually don't wear any. If I do it's for a special occasion.

• make-up have to underline girls beauty. when I am doing my make up I always spend much time on painting my eyes, because I love them to be dominative part of my face.

• I use it to enhance certain features such as my eyes. I really like my eyes and I like to play up their size by adding just a touch of makeup in the right way, I also have shorter straight lashes so mascara helps that out too. Although my boyfriend says he likes me best without makeup.

I think where makeup becomes a problem is when you turn it into a necessity when it's really not. When a girl is unrecognizable on a day she wears no makeup from what she looks like "normally", that is a problem.

• Insecurity. I started wearing eyeliner because a lot of people at school were (this was in like... middle school). I then started experimenting with make up, and got my own style. I now have cat liner. And I got so used to myself with make up, I think I look ugly with out it. I have good skin, so all I wear is eyeliner and a little white eyeshadow. I makes my eyes look bigger and brighter, and a nicer shape. I just look better in general.

• we do have bad skin, some of us do. I am one of them, so this is insulting.

• did you not read 'Girls that don't have bad skin by the way '? huh? learn not to miss things

• your tone was disrespectful towards me "learn not to miss things, huh? " therefore you don't deserve mine in return

• it's how I talk sweeheart

• I don't. It is a pain. The day I wear makeup the day I rub my face or eyes and it smudges all over! lol I want to get my face as bare as possible, I think it harms your skin. I don't want to freak myself out or my man waking up in the morning with my face make up free. lol :D

• It makes me look less tired and prettier. Also I find it enjoyable applying it :)

• I have good skin. I usually only put on blush, mascara, and some eyeliner, though there are days where I don't put any on at all.

Unless I'm going to some sort of party, family function then I go all out.

I wear it because it makes me feel good and I never overdo it. I also look at it as a form of self expression.

• I only wear eye makeup sometimes to play up my eyes but usually I go without makeup because I'm not allowed to wear any and it takes too long to applie.

• @update. I think makeup enhances your natural beauty. Everyone looks better than they really are with makeup on.

• Well I always get told how good my skin is etc.. but I don't see it but when I wear make up it's eye make up the only reason I wear it iis makes me feel prettier. I don't wear a lot but I am so sick of people who don't wear make up being rude to those who do.

• I do not wear any makeup.

• What you see is what you get ;) It looks like I have makeup on naturally at times though so I'm lucky :)

• Makes me feel good about myself in ways I can't explain,

• makes me feel prettier

• I don't wear any. Just lipgloss

• More from Girls
    11