Girls, are you envious of beautiful girls?

Girls, are you envious of girls who are beautiful?

How do you express your envy? Are you the type who just automatically labels the girl a female dog or whore? Do you admire her rather & even compliment her? Or do you simply not care?

I'll admit I'm envious, but not in the sense that I label the girl. I have no problem admitting a girl is hot/sexy/gorgeous/beautiful and complimenting them. I do it all of the time, in the most un-creepy way possible. I'm average at best and I'm accepting of that & I don't think it's fair to bring another person down simply because they are "better" than me in a sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't automatically label anyone anything unless I get to know their personality...

but just by looking at girls, of course I get envious sometimes and almost get inspiration from them to improve my body as well, or try the style theyre rocking, etc there's always room for improvement and sometimes we meet people with better looks than us, sometimes they look less than us its all diversity, when I see a pretty girl I just end up staring at her in a good way analyzing her outfit and makeup to get tips ;)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I'm envious of handsome men. I just think how awesome it would be to look like that and how happy it would make me. How I looking in the mirror would make me feel good instead of awful. I definitely don't label a good looking guy as an a**hole or a douchebag automatically. I don't think I've ever complimented a guy on his looks. I would kind of admire the guy, yeah.

I would kind of like to see the answers on this in reverse too. If beautiful/handsome people look at ugly people and just think they're garbage.

You didn't ask guys, but I'm sure you won't throw a bitch fit over me answering.

• I feel like if I ask it in reverse, people will just assume that I'm stereotyping the beautiful people and not even answer the question

• Yeah probably. If I remember to. I'll ask it sometime tomorrow. I used my two question limit already. You should go answer those by the way. :P

• I agree with you here. I feel like lots of good looking guys just take it for granted and get away with whatever they want. They don't even have to try to get women half the time. A beautiful girl also lives the easy life, but she is well aware of what she has and takes advantage of it. I see handsome guys use their good looks to be able to treat women however they want because no matter how big of a jerk they are, there is still going to be another girl begging to be with them.

• no such thing as "better" for we all like different things and what looks average to you may look astounding to someone else.

i, for example have seen girls who other people say are gorgeous, and I feel no attraction towards them at all.

while I also find some girls to be very attractive and other people find that same person ugly.

i thought you already knew this tho.

and I have girls that put other girls down just cause they're prettier than them in their eyes, its so immature...

• Uh, the whole beauty is in the eye of the beholder is old and pretty much bullsh*t. Universally, the golden ratio is found most attractive. All it means is a symmetrical face or symmetrical features based on eurocentric standards.

There are those girls who everyone can pretty much agree is gorgeous or beautiful.

And yes, there's such thing as "better." Fact of life.

I know it's not politically correct to say so, but there's a reason those who are "better" have it easier in life.

• There may be different people who are found attractive but there are people who are generally found attractive/unattractive too.

• idk...some guys find me pretty...others find me unnattractive..is that a good thing?

• I am envious of all the handsome guys as I wish I was one but what can you do

What Girls Said 23

• I do get envious, only because I have no idea how I stac k up to them. I was an ugly duckling, so some times I have no idea how to process what I see in the mirror, and have always seen myself as less beautiful than some of those girls.

I try not to be mean, and I really do try to be nice. Its hard to hate the girl when she is both gorgeous and really funny, and I secretly hope that she is. I can't stand when really pretty girls are stupid or mean.

Ive totally caught myself assuming a girl is a bitch, then I meet her and she's really nice.

• Sorry to be blunt, but duh.

I envy beautiful girls because I will never be one of them and will never experience the charmed life they live or have the internal satisfaction of knowing I'm beautiful.

I'm never mean to a girl I envy. In fact, I will often compliment them. If they're a friend then I'm creepy about it and make sexual jokes. If they're a stranger, I'll just tell them what I think is pretty about them.

Sometimes I try to avoid making friends with beautiful girls because being around them a lot is a constant reminder of what I lack, but I always seem to attract beautiful girls as friends.

• Well me personally I can definitely appreciate a hot woman. OR beauty but if her attitude stinks and she is unfriendly or stuck-up- I'm to good for anyone mentality , automatically her looks start to disintegrate into fine dust. I am confident with myself and I think beauty is unique.. if I do feel jealous I certainly don't show it. I am not a h8er tho- If anything I like to have good looking friends!

• yes I get envious but I don't label anyone before I know them well enough. I don't really go up to people and compliment them, more like I see what I like about them and see if there's anything I could learn from her like how she walks, dresses etc.

• Im not envious I simply think they are beautiful and admire that beauty if it matches the inside :)

But admire in the way you admire a pretty flower by the brook.

• Yea, of course. Depends on the situation. Once when I was interning for the radio stations--they had an event at the mall---I had to go around asking people if they wanted to be on the air, and all they had to say is,"you're listening to 106.1 BLI." Anyway, I saw this girl she was like 5'9/5'10 she must have been mixed race because her skin was very light, but she would be considered African American. Her eyes were blue and her hair was golden. I swear she was the most beautiful girl I ever saw. I told her too. I was like, "I don't mean to be weird or anything, but you should model because you are gorgeous!" She smiled and said thank you. You can see how proud her grandma was too. I think what made her more beautiful was the fact that she was beautiful inside too. She just GLOWED! I'm not kidding you this girl glowed. I am still jealous. I wish I looked like that. =P

• I'm not envious of anyone , I'm not perfect but I love myself enough that I don't think much about how another person looks like. If I see someone that's pretty I might give them a compliment but it doesn't mean they are better or less pretty then me.

• Personally, I don't think it's possible to be beautiful and a whore. If you actually act that way, your beauty is pretty much cut in half. But I very much agree with you. I wouldn't say I'm gorgeous, but I don't think any girl should call herself ugly. Also I like complimenting people, it makes them smile. :)

• No wouldn't say so. I don't really get jealous because I'm comfortable with how I look so I'm happy. I'll throw them a compliment or two though :)

• Yes I am envious at others because I see more beautiful people in the world, I have a lot of pretty friends and it kind of sucks.

• I too, happen to have pretty friends. Makes me think, "am I the "ugly" one they hang out with so they look better?" or "am I just as attractive but do not see it?"

Dunno, I think my friends are gorgeous

• The guy with the decent body and nice face.

• thanks

• yeah I do just tend to admire them from afar in a non-creeping way. If I know them somewhat I'll sometimes compliment them. Buuut I'm sure their ego is big enough

• I consider myself to be beatiful, so no I'm not envious. Nor do I hate them.

• sure, I get envious. but I don't wish anything bad upon them. I just acknowledge that there are some truly beautiful people out there. if I'm friends with her, I will compliment her. if it's just a random stranger, I don't say anything.

• I usually will just admire her from a far.

• Ofcourse I'm a little bit jealous. But I'm jealous at girls that wear nicer clothes/ are more spontaneous/ have more talents too. That's just normal I guess. But I definitely don't label them biches or whores, I mean c'mon, that they are pretty doesn't say anything about their inside. I can get along with pretty girls very well. Pretty much all of my female friends are far above average looking. It's just their luck that they got good looks, other people might be extremely inteligent or have other talents.

• i like to say it out loud , compliment if we're close enough, I worry it might sound awkward if we just met or something.

if I don't know her and she's in the same environment school office etc often I'll start telling other people, mutual friends that she's beautiful. it's a fact, I'm not a lesbian, let's simply accept and appreciate beauty :P plus it's better than being quiet about it and seem like a jealous/mean person.

on the other hand, I wouldn't want to be around a gorgeous girl all the time, or have her hanging out with my boyfriend often etc.

• I don't think there w... Or envy them but I do wish I looked as cute as them but you know I think mayb some girls feel like that about me. I've only envied one girl just cause she was so cute and beutiful and she had the bestest attitude ever made her look even more beautiful

• Its wonderful being surrounded by beauty, Imagine a world of all ugly things, it would give us little or no hope in life,

Let beauty and life be your inspiration x

• don't want to admit it, but yea, I get both envious at first then jealous

• Haha yeah, I just look at her a ton and size her up. Actually a lot the way guys check out girls, I compare every aspect of myself to her. Then I get depressed, and wish I wasn't single :(

• I don't like hate or label the beautiful girls, I just get really down on myself. but I leave the other girls out of it.

• I have no problem admitting if someone is better looking then me but I still think that I'm a beautiful girl I know I'm not the best looking but I'm pretty. I don't get envious of them because there is nothing to gain from doing so. Have I thought "wow I wish I looked like that" yes but I'm not going to think they're a whore or label them as something they're not. That's just not the kind of person that I am.

• I have the same opinion as you I think.