Why did you start wearing thong underwear?

I was wondering how all of us thong wearers got started? What motivated us to wear this ever so tiny piece of underwear? Was it to be cool, was it because thongs are sexy, was it a dare, or requirement?

Tell your story, what went through your mind. What was it like. When was it. Where were you. Where did you get it. How have your opinions changed.

Anyone is welcome to answer, the only requirement is you have to have worn a thong at least once :)

Thanks for answering my question!

I guess I probally should answer my own question. It was near the begining of sixth grade. I had a lot of friends that started highschool the same year though. I someones houses and saw a thong peeking above one of their pants and had to ask.
I beggeg and begged my mom and eventually she decided to let me try one based on them being uncomfy and I would drop the idea. She went out and bought my the plainest white one I have ever seen. I wore it to school the next day.
At first it felt weird but within a few days I got used to it. I thought my friends wore them but aparently I was the first. Once I got used to them, they have been pretty much the only thing I have worn since.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a guy and have been wearing guys thong underwear for about 10 years now. I first tried them out of curiosity a few times maybe for 5 years before that, but could not get use to them. I couldn't figure out how anyone, whether guy or gal, could stand to wear them. But since I knew several people did in fact wear them, I decided it was a matter of biting the bullet and just going for it. So I was determined to wear them for a solid week or two without caving to putting on my regular briefs, no matter how uncomfortable they felt. The first few days, I felt like I was constantly wanting to pull a wedgie out. Determination paid off in the end. To my surprise, after the first two weeks, I couldn't feel them anymore. The uncomfortable feeling was gone.

So I continued for a month, then 2, 3, and so on. Before I knew it, it had been an entire year. Now at 10 years of wearing them, I don't like the way regular briefs, even the bikini style feels. It seems to bunch me up in the front. The pouch in the thong underwear is very comfortable, and I only wear regular briefs on a rare occasion.

If you want to give thongs a try, you will have to wear them and get use to them. It's not going to feel natural in the beginning, but once you get use them, they are the most comfortable underwear you could wear.

P.S. As an added bonus, my wife likes me in them also, and comments positively about them from time to time.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm a guy and I've been wearing thong panties exclusively for about 7 years. Actually, an ex-girlfriend of mine got me started wearing them. She said that I'd be sexy in them. I have to admit that I do feel sexy wearing them and they are simply the most comfortable pair of undies I've ever worn. I've lost a couple of potential girlfriends because of it but I've had a few girlfriends that liked it. My last girlfriend and I used to have fun coordinating our thongs and wearing the same colors on the same day.

• I started around summer 2008. I was very biased back then, thinking that women and women only should be wearing them. The fact that there were thongs for guys disgusted me. In contrast, I loved thong underwear on women, and honestly I wasn't interested at all on any girl that wasn't wearing one. One day, while talking to a friend, the subject came up. She then dared me to try them, assuring me that after I got used to them I'd be walking with a smile on my face all day. So I mustered up the courage and got some. Boy was she right. Since then, it's all I wear, all day, every day. And no, it doesn't make a guy gay. In fact the REALLY gay guys go for boxers/briefs.

• I started wearing thongs over 25 years ago. Men's underwear at the time started to follow women's styles and in the late 80's I was wearing skimpy bikini style and tanga underwear.

Thongs started to become very popular for women early in the 90's and mens versions began to appear in the shops too. I always preferred briefer styles so eagerly bought some and I've never looked back.

For many years I've also worn thongs on the beach too. At first I was very self-conscious, but soon just loved the freedom and feeling naughty! I love the tanlines too. They certainly get a few double-takes when I shower at the gym...

• I am not a girl and I don't wear thongs, but girls have told me that they wear them because they have no panty line.

• I have always been interested in wearing thong underwear ever since i saw it on the first women. I thought they are the most sexy things ever. And i wanted to feel sexy also. Bought my first one from walmart and have worn them ever since. Right now my favorite brand is ergowear. And i have a forum i made about them at mens-thong-underwear. proboards. com

• I would also like to add i was 17 when i bought my first one. Mens thongs are a bit taboo so it took me a while to muster up the courage to buy one. And i was not going to ask my parents.

• I started wearing thongs when I was 13. I wanted to trey then after i saw a lady in a movie wearing one. went to a local walmart and got my first pair. I was in love. i love how they feel up my crack and i love how soft it feels on the rest of me. Plus i find it sexy because my ass is exposed. I've been wearing thongs and g-strings for almost 20 years and i even wear them to the beach. Can't wait til next summer to go and wear my thongs in public again!

• I started wearing thongs a few years back, when after asking a gf to wear them for me, I thought it would be fair if i wore them for her, now I'm hooked.

• girls have told me they wear em so that they don't have panty lines

• I've been wearing thongs since I was 13. My ex girlfriend told me to wear one and I've worn them since. My first thong was green and had a rhinestone butterfly on the back

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. My first thong. Let's see.

I was 16 and I was curious, I thought it looked hot.

However, never quite adjusted to wearing a thong so dismissed the idea.

Never have worn one since that day I decided they don't suit me.

A brief description of the thong. It was black, satin and had lace trimming on the top, I was buying it from La Senza.

Now I love Boyshorts-so so comfy! I have a few pairs and they're just great! ^_^

• For me, it was all about the panty lines. I probably started wearing them toward the end of high school and that's all I wore in college. I bought them myself and my mom didn't really care...they're just underwear. The only thing that she thought (and still thinks...lol) is that they're ridiculous, pointless, and uncomfortable. But then again, she's never tried them!

• My boyfriend told me he thought it would be sexier if I wore thongs, especially when I wear pants that are tight and would otherwise show a panty line. But when he's not around, I wear very regular underwear--not granny panties, but like regular underpants.

• How old were you when he talked you into it? What did it feel like when you first tried them? Did you hate it?

• So you don't like wearing them anymore, you just wear them for him? Do you think they are uncomfy or something?

• I prefer regular ones but the right thong can be comfortable, and when I wear leggings I do wear thongs even when he's not around because a panty line with leggings can look odd.

• I started wearing them in middle school. I did it because they made me feel sexy and at that point I thought I was too grown for regular panties. I used to buy them secretly with my allowance money and then hide them. I wasnt allowed to wear them so I had to convieniently wash them when no one was home and hide them in the back of my drawer. :sigh:

• Did your friends talk you into wearing them? or did you do it as a secret from everyone? What was the initial feeling the first time you pulled them up? I thought WEDGIE! but that went away pretty quick

• Well I got my first thong in like 7th grade we had a coupon for a free pair of panties and thongs were the only kind they had left so my mom was like whatever and said I could get them. I never really wore it though. Then just this year (I'm 14 and a freshman) in gym I saw that almost everyone wore them. So I'm like WTF and just decided to start wearing them too. Also I always like the way they looked and they leave no panty line which is also good.

• Did you even try them on when you got them? Did you just not like them? Do you think they are comfy?

• No I didn't try them on when I got my first pair. I never wore the first pair because I was only 13. Yeah I think their rather comfy. I really can't feel them

• Camp Good News 2008 there was a really cute awsome guy I really loved him lol as much as a 15-year-old could. Its Christain camp so me being a good christain girl snuck out in the middle of the night to "see" him. I grabed my bunk mates underware because they were on top they just happened to be thonged styled. They were and still are my lucky underware yes that's right I stole em best pair ever there black with red lace trim.

• I was about 12 and my best friend at the time started doing more "grown up" things - smoking cigarettes, drinking, becoming more sexual. One day, she was underwear shopping at the mall and she called me and told me she was going to buy a pink thong for me that had "Cris" on it. And told me that he'd love it so much. No 12-year-old should be concerned about her boyfriend being into her thong, ew. She did buy it for me that day, though. And years later, they're all I wear.

• Did you start wearing them then or did you wait a while to try it on?

• cause I don't like those icky underwear lines. and they're pretty. :)

my mom always tells me when I go undewear shopping "no thongs". but then again she doesn't care much about it. not like I have anyone to show them to.

• How old were you when you started? Did you like them from the start? I thought they were uncomfy at first but got used to them fast!

• I started last year. haha. and I never really thought they were uncomfortable.

• I did not start wearing thongs till my senior year in high school. I was a late bloomer to them, I was the last of my friends to start. I swore for the longest time I would never but after years of my friends raving about them I finally caved in. The first time was with a pair of jeans, and I must admit I did not like it. I was told to keep wearing them and I would get used to. After about a week I was hooked! Nowadays anything else just doesn't feel right. The only time I wear regular underwear is if I am wearing a skirt.

• I started wearing one because my mom wouldn't let me because I was only 16... sad form of rebellion I know. I went shopping with a bunch of friends and bought one so no big deal and I've been wearing them ever since. also the fact that my boyfriend of the time thought it would be hot I guess.

• Did you like wearing them? or was it only to anger your mother?

• Yeah, I agree way comfy! do you like the sexy ones or the cute ones? I prefer things like pink from vs that are cute and bright!

• Cute ones defiantly, pink is my favorite and navy. sexier when I have a good reason.

• I started cause I hated the panty lines. I was REALLY self conscious about it at first and they were uncomfortable...but now anything else to me is HORRIBLY annoying. Oh, and I was about 18.

• looking at your answers, I was pretty young ( 12/13)

I hung around with all the older people at school because my cousin was really popular so I was sort of taken into care by them. For christmas one year one of my older female friends bought be a bra/thong & pj set. They were pink and I just wore them cause I thought it was new and cool. I found them comfortable to continued to wear them I guess

• Did your parents know? mine were so hard to convince...

• Well yeah.

i live with my stepmom and dad and when she saw them like in the wash basket she phoned my mom and asked her if she had bought them for me. my mom explained that it was actually my cousin from my step moms side who got me into that sort of thing. and then that sort of shut her up. lol

• I told my cousin to get me one because my mom thought I was too young to get one. I think I was 15/16. After that I wore it secretly for a while and then bought some thongs on my own. I just told my mom to deal with the fact that I'm wearing them :p lol

I chose to wear them because I think they're sexy, my boyfriend likes them and it doesn't show when I'm wearing white pants/jeans. Plus I love them!