Why do girls wear bright colors when they are alone but wear dark colors when they go out?

Girls are wierd. Why do girls wear bright colors when they are alone but wear dark colors when they go out?

*waits patiently for interesting answers*

0|0
13|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Dark colors are usually more slimming. I wear both when I go out so not all girls do this.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I wear both. I occasionally do the monochromatic theme, but I also pair bright pieces with darker pieces. Like today I wore dark jeans tucked into short black cowboy boots, a black long sleeved shirt with a kind of wide 'boat neck', with a bright pink and purple striped tank top over it [similar to this style, but with pockets tucked into the sides: link , link ]. Mostly dark, but definitely bright and noticeable. It's starting to cool down a lot where I live, so I'm able to start layering again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I normally wear dark clothes all the time, though I have a few bright pieces. I've also never noticed this trend before, but a lot of clubbing clothes come in darker colors like black, navy, and red, so that might contribute.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always know a black dress is going to look good. If I get called out on a moments notice, I know a black dress will be fine, and I can throw it on, do my makeup, and go.

I love bright colors, and would love bright colored dresses, but to be honest, there just aren't that many. Its about finding a bright dress that isn't TOO dressy, but isn't too casual. Also, I don't want to look like I'm going to homecoming.

It just so happens many of the cutest dresses come in black or navy.

1|0
    0|0
  • good question, hermie :p

i think bright colors like hot pink tops/shorts are kind of silly. no one's going to take me seriously if I go out like that. at home, I'm more comfortable, I know no one's going to judge what I'm wearing, so I wear what I want.

0|1
    0|0
  • hmm I honestly never noticed that. but its because when you are around people you want to look slimer then everyone and well black goes with anything also because I feel more pritty wearing black. and well I don't know about the bright colors because I barely have any lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I love colors! But I do wear black sometimes too...I think to answer your question it's because the darker colors are more slimming and you know how self-conscious girls can be! =)

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear bright colors all the time... oops?

0|0
    0|1
  • Cuz we can :p

0|0
    0|0
    • we wear dark colors when we went to be mysterious, or sexy, just like the night sky!

• I bet you can be sexy no matter what you wear ;)

• Boys are weird. Yes. (:

I've never noticed this..I don't own very many bright colors actually, expect for a few shirts everything else is either light, pastel or neutral colors.

It's classier imo.

0|0
    0|0
  • uhmm... for this exact reson I wear bright colors out too you stand out :) but I don't suit black , and colors make you look healthier and tan :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think dark is in. Light colors are fun

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear bright colors almost always. I wear dark colors when I want to look skinny.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would you want to look skinny?

• Show All
    • So would you ever wear a tight white dress?

• Not a tight one..

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.