Beautiful/Handsome people, do you look down on "ugly" people?

This question is kind of tough to ask because everyone sees beauty differently. If you're going to answer or comment don't be insulting anyone saying they're not beautiful. Keep it to yourself.

So this question was asked yesterday. link It was asking if girls are envious of beautiful girls. So it made me wonder, do all the attractive people look down on people that would be considered less attractive?

Do you think they're just worthless, not as good at other things, etc. Or do you see them as the same, but maybe just not attractive. Maybe not even unattractive at all because you think that everyone is attractive to someone.

I apologize if this is written poorly. I'm not in the mood to re-read it and think it over.

Oh and don't be afraid to answer thinking you're all high and mighty of yourself if you think you're a beautiful/handsome person.
Anon girl who named celebrities you have me blocked. :| You should unblock me or at least let me block you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I see all the disgusting, ugly people around me and laugh. Oh, how I laugh.

I then proceed to strike them with sticks and other blunt objects. How dare they bask in my radiance with their revolting visages? Someone needs to teach them a lesson.

To finish it off, I tell them in no uncertain terms to either get plastic surgery to repair their egregiously offensive looks or to remain indoors until late at night where nobody will be bothered by the ugliness that radiates from their bodies.

• That's what I thought, but I was thinking it could be made to look that way. Never know on the internet.

• I'm going to take out my ugly stick if you two jackwagons don't get off my answer.

The nerve of some people.

What Girls Said 17

• It varies from person to person.

some beautiful people accept others regardless of looks...some instead look upon it differently and hate others who are less attractive.

My point is...every human is equal in my eyes..when it comes to looks.

When it comes to personality...So many people are fugly.

• I used to have friends who would talk about girls who are less attractive than them. They would always say something about how the less attractive girls would never have a happy life. It makes me really upset just thinking about it :< It also made me wonder if they said anything like that about me when they first met me since I've always thought that I was less attractive than them.

I am guilty of being unfriendly to some people before just because of the way they looked, but that's one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. After that, I just started to always find something attractive about a person, no matter what others would say about him/her lol. I don't know how to explain it. C:

• People are people it doesn't matter how attractive they are in my opinion they have the same value. Now an ugly personality is a totally different thing.

• I'm very average in looks. When I was in elementary school, I was told I was ugly all the time and it scarred me. I am not malicious so I would never intentionally hurt someone. I treat everyone the same and pay no attention to looks.

• No...that would make me ugly on the inside...and that's so unattractive

now if someones mean to me period ugly or beautiful...well that's a different story

everyone has a mean streak though...just gotta know when to use it I guess.

• I never use mine. I just don't really have it in mean. Hate and anger are useless baggage.

• True...but I guess I thought that everyone at least gets angry sometime...its good that you never use yours though...less drama and stress for you. 8)

• I don't really. A little irritated, but I get over it in like 5 minutes. That's true. :P

• Based on the way I've been treated, I think that attractive people see unattractive people as "lesser" than them. Not only have peoples' actions showed this, but I've been told that outright.

• I don't know that I'm attractive, but I don't think I am better than anyone who is less attractive than me. It think it is more shallow people (no matter their attractiveness) view people as lesser than based on appearance.

• I'm definitely not beautiful or gorgeous, I'm average for that matter or average at best, but I do not look down upon those less attractive.

It's not fair to place such judgment upon those more or less attractive. I mean, don't get me wrong, we all judge, but you can't judge someones character based off of appearance.

Definitely NOT worthless. No one is worthless, except pedo's and rapists.

• I'm constantly made fun of by people, but I think it stems from insecurities a lot of the time as well. I have both types of people make fun of me. Extremely pretty girls who do it, and also average looking girls as well. When I was teenager, I got roasted (well I still do) for my looks, and since I hated myself, and felt so insecure about it I made fun of overweight people... that is until I gained weight.

Now, however, even though I am still insecure and have self-hatred because of my looks, I won't make fun of people because I know how much it hurts. I don't want people to go through what I am and did. I still feel bad about making fun of those girls I did back in High School.

Some guys do it to me though, but it's not as bad from men as it was in High School. It's mainly just girls who do it, and really young guys.

• no I don't I just think I'm pretty nd if it was a guy I wouldn't date him unless his personality was stellar. but I don't look down on ugly people nd I'm not mean to them.

• Ive always felt that beautiful are superior to me , tho they do treat me as an equal . Well not including the bitches ofcourse lol

• I do if it's apparent that they don't even make an effort to take care of themselves.

• Like just looking dirty(crappy clothes, messy hair, etc.)? Do you include all overweight people?

• I never look down on people

• No, why would I?

• This question is silly.

The myth is that "Beautiful People" are mean to other people. Or "Beautiful Women" are mean to other women. I don't think this true! I think truly beautiful people are secure in themselves. For example, do you think Halle Barry or Angelina Jolie are mean to other women? I doubt it.

I think it is average or even ugly people who are mean to other people and also are the most critical. Often, they don't feel very good about themselves.

• LOL

Typical answer.

See snack, this is why I didn't want to answer. People like this who obviously do not bother to read -_-

• Hands on heart, no genuinely I don't look down on them and I'm not lying. For one I'm not better looking than others, nor am I worse looking than others. Secondly, everyone's beautiful in their own ways, whether they have freckles, they have a gap in between their teeth, they are crossed eyed etc.. Chubby/ very thin people can have beautiful features too.

A lot of "pretty" or "handsome" immature people have a tendency to think that they are good looking and hence expect others to treat them better or like a prince/princess. It only comes naturally for them to look down on "uglier" people because they also expect that "uglier" people are judged and treated badly. Sadly, these immature people tend to mix looking down and feeling bad for others to appear more righteous.

Looks matter, but how one treats others and the decision to look down on others is solely dependent on themselves, not how the society perceive.

• Most of the reasons that they look down on others is psychological, whether it's to make themselves feel better, whether they think it's cool to look down on others and to talk bad about others etc.. And no, not all attractive people look down on "uglier" people

• I know it's wrong to judge people, but I can't help but feel bad for ugly people. Ugly as in they have bad hair, poorly dressed, bad skin, extremely overweight, completely asymmetrical facial features...that kind of thing.

Like, I look at girls and feel bad for them that they're so beat looking. If you're an ugly girl, you're guaranteed to have no friends or a boyfriend. But if you're an ugly guy, you can always find nerdy or loner-y guys to be friends with who love gaming, etc.

What Guys Said 12

• I have learned over time that attractive people do indeed look down on me.

Some try to be polite. Some try to keep a professional viewpoint and take me as a paying customer (I mean just stores, not for sex or drugs) and because my money is the same as others my looks don't matter to them. But generally I feel like I'm treated like a lesser human being or even less than a human being because I don't have Justin Bieber looks or anything like that. And it's hard. Very hard. I don't really see anyone that I consider ugly because I've learned I'm probably at the bottom of the barrel.

• Your answer gives me a great chance to use what I read in an article on Yahoo once. It was like "Secrets from a car salesmen." and he said you can't judge someone based on looks. Apparently this guy was told a story of a guy dressed in sh*tty clothes that walked in and salesmen passed him up. Well the guy was Alice Cooper and another salesmen sold him 4 cars.

• Served the goof right. I've considered doing the same if I were rich. It never worked out that way.

• That would be kinda fun. I would just see who treats me well then be like here's 100 bucks or something.

• Answering this, doesn't mean I'm handsome or whatever. I think I'm just an average guy. But even so, I never look down on people. And I never call anyone ugly either. We all have our imperfections, and no one is really beneath another. Society tends to label people, but these days I see people finding more ways to shove that stereotypical thought into oblivion. There's nothing more attractive than someone who has confidence in themselves, "ugly/beautiful" or not.

• Definitely not Beautiful/ Handsome, but I also don't gravitate towards the lower end of the spectrum, so there are probably a lot of people who would be considered less attractive than me. No, I wouldn't judge them based off of something they can't really control. I wouldn't want attractive people doing it to me, so it would be hypocritical.

• i don't look down on them but its hard for me to hold a conversation with them, my attention just drifts

• Me answering is implying that I'm "Beautiful/Handsome" which I don't like. It's an opinion.

No, I don't look down on people for their looks. I do look down on people for their habits. If someone is constantly making excuses and doing nothing with their lives, I look down on that. Unless you were born crippled by a disease or suffer from one later in life, you have no idea how good you have it.

• I feel that some do but I have talked to beautiful girls and was not talked down on

• im not that attractive. And I don't necessarily look down on people less attractive than me as a whole. I'm actually known to have pretty low standards (physically) since I look for personality more than body. But obviously I judge standards of beauty as less than my own sometimes, not the person though.

• stop giving unnecessary updates...

• Stop unnecessarily bitching. :)

• I will now, way to put that as a comment not an update :P

• You don't have me blocked so why would I do that? I don't like putting blocked person updates, but it's impossible to communicate to someone that has you blocked.

• I'm only attractive to certain women because to I wear Goochi or have a big fro with a pick stuck in it. ANYWAY, to answer your question, no I don't.

• I'm not even sure where I fit in. I guess I'm plain average. But yeah I have felt a degree of envy towards the more beautiful people. However ii never really detected them looking down on me or anything. It was always my issue and not theirs.

• Absolutely not. Never.

• No.