Does it matter what kind of shoes the guy wears?

When you are meeting a guy for the first time, does it matter about what kind of shoes he is wearing? Does style or brand effect your opinion of him? Does how old they look matter?

I have heard it does to a lot of women, but I don't know if it is true. Guys do you think it matters what kind of shoes you wear? If it does matter what kind of shoes should a guy wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well sadly it does matter, even though some people say it doesn't, you always tend to look at how a person is dressed and normally judge them by it though it shouldn't be like that, I would like to say it doesn't matter to me but it does, I'm not materialistic and really I don't care where a guy buy his clothes, if they are special brands or not, I do tend to judge them by how they look, my first impression of them is based on how they look like, but my opinion of them changes as soon as I get to know them better, and yeah I do look at their shoes as I look at all their clothing, I just look at all his wearing as a whole. I hope this helped :)

What Girls Said 8

• I don't like flip flops the first time I meet a guy. Or some crazy Looking athletic shoes. Ny that I mean the style or color.

I like shoes so nice quality shoes makes a guy more attractive appearance wise.

• The type of guy I usually like wears a certain sytle of shoes so yes. However I once dated a hippy who hardly wore shoes so...

• No. I probably wouldn't even notice the shoe. Unless it was like super old and about to fall apart, or bright orange. But other then that, I don't care.

• Yes, not brand, but style. I'm not into certain styles. Those styles dictate a person's personality. If he is a nice person I could be friends with him, but nothing more.

• it totally matters...I like something unique

• Dont matter to me, I wore crappy walmart shoes growing up

i hate it when a guy wears flashy expensive shoes I just feel like theyre rubbin there wealth in my face

i don't care for the churchy lookin shoes or flip flops on guys tho

• thats the least of my concerns, honestly.

• For me the guy has to look comfortable(but not hobo-ish) in what they wear.

This goes for shoes too. If they seem as though they fit your personal style, there not an issue.

However if the shoes are effeminate (sp?) its slightly weird. (Unless you have a bohemian style/vibe)

What Guys Said 1

• You can't just ask 'what kind of shoes'. Shoes have appropriate contexts.

But women notice shoes, for sure.

There is no shoe type that will appeal to all women. Some women like onitsuka's, some women like lobb's, some women like redwings, some women like whatever the newest most expensive nikes are, some women like converse, some women like chelsea boots.