Tips for growing natural curly hair to chest when its chin length & shoulder when straight

It keeps breaking at shoulder length even though its always in a ponytail

Most Helpful Guy

• My little sister has pretty curly hair- like really coarse. She hates it- but she's in the same situation. She bought a jar of BIOTIN, and it has grown twice as quickly.

• Biotin helps somewhat.

It's not toxic, so I definitely recommend taking biotin for healthier hair & nails.

• It's like a pill- she gets the ones that are like 700 Mcg

• Thanks I think its working..now I can have the long natural curls I've been dreaming of :D tell your sis to never chemically straighten and to be happy with her GOD given curls

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• Pony tails aren't the best for hair, try leaving it down.

Invest in some really good shampoo and conditioner for curly hair. I woudl say go for a top brand like Biologe, or something. Even though its more expensive, you want to keep your hair healthy, and the cheaper brands aren't so nice to your hair.

Air dry it when you can, and when you do dry it, don't use a brush. Brushing your hair when its when pulls it and can break it.

Use some kind of protectant, and as with any styling product in it, try to avoid any with alcohol in it as it can dry your hair out.

• I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. There are certain vitamins you can take to make your hair grow faster. Although there is nothing to change you natural style of hair (curly, wavy, straight), besides I know chemotherapy changes that when your hair grows back, which is for cancer patients. Your hair (in almost every single case) will always be longer when straight. How you curl your hair will change how high up it is.

• -Avoid using shampoos & conditioners with sulfates & petrochemicals

-Use elastic hair ties, with no metal on them. I recommend the scunci no slip grip gel ties. They don't pull or tug on the hair

-Deep condition once a week, alternating between a moisturizing deep conditioner and a protein/cholesterol deep conditioner.

ApHogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor from Sally's is great & it's a protein deep conditioner. Great for damaged, curly hair.

-Avoid using heating appliances & if necessary, use a heat protectant

• ^This AND using Argan oil. I finally bought my first bottle and OMG my hair is SOOOO soft and it feels so much stronger!

• I agree.

I'm biracial & I have had black girls tell me to quit using "white" products.

It's not about race when it comes to hair products, it's about using products that work best for your hair type and texture.

Mexican haircare products, as well as Indian tend to be very natural and short and simple

• Ya my mom isn't American black but my dad is...i hate that they get relaxers I think its a waste of $ even though one had hair longer than mine...the next year it went from mid back to shoulders and she still has a relaxer...the same happened to a girl in elementary and it still hasn't grown again after like 5 years but o well its their decision I guess...ive decided to stop trying to help them since they dnt believe me and jus insult me about my hair!

• Don't always wear your hair in a ponytail...it weakens the hair if the hair tie is always in the same place.

• Trim it monthly

• Eat healthy

• It is going to take a while, I'd say more than a year. I recommend keratin treatment, it is supposed to restore and rejuvenate the hair. I have it and it is amazing. It makes my hair stronger and healthier and takes away most of the frizz.

Stop ironing your hair. Don't wash it too often. Don't go more than 4 or 5months without trimming it and every 3-4 months or so get a trim of 1/2 inch to an inch. I notice that whenever I cut my hair it grows faster and you get rid of the dead ends.

If you iron it less it will stay in better condition.

Hair also grows faster in the summer.

Sorry I think most of all you are just going to need patience.