Girls have you ever told a guy friend that he was cute even though you didn't think so?

I mean not that he's butt ugly or anything, but just a "little white lie" to lift his confidence?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• Yep, not because they was ugly just so that they wouldd feel good about themselves & I hate it when everyones rating each other face2face & a guy asks rate me and I'm like Crap be nice lol.

• If he was just ugly then no I don't think I could bring myself to say something untrue. But sometimes when you are close to people their ways and inner beauty make them attractive/cute. So yes, I may have been blinded by inner beauty and perhaps said they were cute when other outsiders may not have aggreed.

• yep lol... maybe some girl will think he is cute!

• yes! you don't want to hurt your friends feeling.

• But why not instead help him out and give him some helpfull advice to help him actually be a bit more attractive?

• no, if I say you're cute I mean it.

• No. If I don't think he's cute then I'll avoid the question

• I'm guilty of that. lol The guy had a really sweet, nice personality but he wasn't cute. He already had low self esteem so I just couldn't bear to tell him that he wasn't that good looking.

• yes

What Guys Said 2

• I'd prefer to hear the truth than be lied to if I'm honest. Even if the truth isn't a good thing.

It's still the truth so it will always be better than a lie.

• I have had lots of girls tell me that I was cute because they were trying to be nice and make me feel better. I know is wasn't because I was obese at the time. Now that I have lost the weight women don't feel the need to lie to me anymore. I actually got more compliments back then then I do now. Funny how they will date me now, but they wouldn't then. lol