What's a good way to make a crappy lamp look cool?

I'm the designer challenged sort. I usually love all things wood(it looks awesome), however, my bedroom is looking a little drab at the moment since I just moved.

I have a lamp that's decent looking I guess, so not completely crappy, but I'm looking for a way to make the shade more or less look cool with a feminine touch, just not ultra girly(no feathery type stuff XD ). Any ideas from you lovely people?

Most Helpful Girl

• i put ribbon around the edges of a few lampshades or beaded the edges. and I have bought some lamps from thrift stores that were cool shapes and spray painted them all the same color to make them each unique but work together too

• My roommate suggested maybe spray painting it...

• She has a bright green she said I could borrow...and while I sort of suck at designing...not sure it'd go well in my all wood/dark red curtained room. lol. Think if I do it, I'll go for dark red...maybe black...

• orange or brown might look good too. and depending on the red in your room, green could go with it because red and green are complimentary colors

What Guys Said 3

• Choose a simple 3 color scheme.

Personally, I'd go with white, black, and since you want it to be feminine, make pink the 3rd color.

Now, envisioning the lamp... its got a bowl-shaped lid covering the bulb, a long neck, and a base. You can approach these parts in two ways.

Accent the lid + base, or accent the neck. For this suggestion, paint the neck black and the lid + base white.

Whatever you choose to do design-wise with the pink is up to you. You can go with an abstract checkered design, a splattered paint design, or even a simple logo design with little flowers and such. Use the white lid and base as your canvas.

• break it lol

• You are hilarious. You care how your lamp looks? HAHA! Seriously, I'm unable to help you. You're probably much more creative than me. Anyways, thanks for 3 points.

What Girls Said 1

• Get a scarf and line the shade, maybe?