How can I fix my long, thick, frizzy hair?

Okay, so I look around my high school, and all of my girlfriends have beautiful, almost perfect seeming hair. I then go to check mine in the bathroom and noticeable frizzes are everywhere on my head!

Like described in the title my hair is long, thick, and straight. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I usually take a shower around 7:30 PM on weeknights. After that I let it air dry for about a half hour, then switch to my blow dryer. But every single morning when I get to school it just starts to stick out. I do straighten sometimes and don't usually use any products beforehand. Should I though? It's so frustrating and I don't want to spend my school year worrying about it. Please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• there's nothing "wrong" with your hair, you're just comparing yourself to people who have different hair types than you, which isn't realistic or fair. let your hair do what it does naturally and take it from there.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Leave-in conditioner usually works really well to keep frizzy hair tame :)

• I had that problem too :( WHat I do know is use Sunsilk, Garnier or Pantene shampoo

(and no conditioner! It will look shiny but thicker if you use conditioner).I only wash my hair with shampoo once a week, and 2 more times during the week I just rinse it with warm water...

Try t let it dry naturally if you can (without a dryer), however not in the sun or its as hot as a dryer lol :P

And never sleep with your hair wet! It gets frizzier! Hah good luck :D

• Try the SHINE hair polisher. I have thick, straight hair & it works for me. You'll find them on the section for black people. Or try using lotion as a leave on conditioner- it works fine with me but for my sister, it really makes her hair so smooth, shiny, and have no frizz.

• use any moose or hair cream and by the way panten has this oil repalcement cream which is so good

• Hmm I've never tried moose before but I'll look for it when I go shopping again. Thank you! :)