If he calls you cute and hot, but aren't they two different things?

So today this guy told me I was really cute,I said something funny and he said: "You are so cute!" But then later in the day he told me I'm hot. But I don't get it, aren't the two of them opposites? Does this mean he just sees me in a sexual way? (We never hooked up or anything. I mean he has told me he's attracted to me and that I'm very beautiful and that I look amazing, stuff like that. And he has called me cute before, but this is the first time he called me hot)

I don't really like being called hot, this was the first time he's done it. When he said I was hot we were with his friend, could that make a difference, like maybe he was trying to show off or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• So let's say a guy thinks a girl is both of these. Is this a good thing?

• I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

What Guys Said 2

• When he said cute he was referring to your personality. When he said you were hot he was referring to your looks and yes it could have been influenced by his friend being there

• a girl can quite easily be both. I know I'd use both terms to describe my partner. don't take it to heart, it's a compliment.

What Girls Said 0