Do girls laugh at fat guys?

I'm 5'11 and 220 lbs. I feel that because of my weight, I'm automatically the punchline, which makes talking to girls impossible. For instance, the other day in one of my university classes, the prof told everyone to get into groups of 3. There happened to be two girls sitting in front of me, with a bunch of empty seats beside them, so it would make sense for us to get into a group. One of them quickly glanced at me and smirked to her friend, as if to say "Great, we're stuck with this guy." I ended up in a group with 2 others thankfully. Little things like this happen to me all of the time, and it makes me feel like sh*t. If I think a girl is cute or something, I feel that by not talking to her, I'm doing her a service by not forcing her to find a way out. I don't blame the girls though. Why should an attractive girl have to settle? It just sucks that this is the truth.

Most Helpful Girl

• Those girls were very rude and bitchy. Not all girls are like that. Don't worry (:

What Girls Said 6

• Do girls laugh at fat guys? Some do. I laugh at fat guys.

I find fat jokes funny. I find the way fat guys look funny. I see no reason not to laugh seeing the way most men treat fat girls..whales, man the harpoons, etc

I also laugh when fat guys approach me and no it's not just fat guys I usually laugh at any guy I don't find attractive or attractive enough.

Why should an attractive girl have to settle? She's a girl in some way, shape or form most likely she's going to settle since most girls when it comes to guys do settle.

Lucky for you since you're a d*ck all you need is personality, wealth, status, or manipulation and you can get an attractive girl who can overlook your fatness.

• Wow...okay lol.

• Surely its easier for fat girls to lose weight then the average fat young guy to become wealthy? ;p

• @kheserthorpe

Surely its easier for fat girls to lose weight then the average fat young guy to become wealthy

Easier but even thin that girl still has other beauty standards to face.

While the fat guy has personality, wealth, status, or manipulation as his options to override his fat and other areas he may lack in.

• No, most girls don't. Unless they're just being rude and bitchy. You shouldn't hold back because of your weight, you'll miss out on alot. I'm highly attracted to Gabriel Iglesias even though he's fluffy. :o

• I NEVER laugh at fat guys.

I been throught that situation...some look good with the extra cushin...:)

• The same thing happens to me sometimes except you have to make yourself realize that not every person of the opposite gender is the same. If someone really wants to be with you and to love you than nothing will be settling to them no matter what they look like.

• Same thing happens to fat girls. I'm in college and I still get picked on, get strange looks and rude, snide comments thrown my way.

• No but I am not attracted to them. Have you ever considered hitting the gym and eating right?

What Guys Said 6

• Well bro , I can understand where your coming from, I used to be overweight and people didn't really make fun of me to my face directly, but I can tell behind my back they do. Some girls don't think that way, and without sounding too much of a douche, mainly the women who aren't super attractive aren't quick to judge another person. Maybe because they understand what its like to be unattractive or put down by other people. I never found myself laughing at another person weight, or misfortune, People who laugh obviously have their head up their ass or just don't understand what its like to be in the other persons shoes. Eh, what can you do about it? Nothing really? Just try to ignore them and focus on yourself while surrounding yourself with people who respect you properly.

• Yeah, they do. Not gonna lie to you, like. Most people, if they see a real fatass passing by, will sneer and pass comment. But generally, not unless they're a fatass - and not all fat guys are fatasses. If you like, shower, and don't walk around like you're about to fall asleep, with lasagne down your shirt, then most people wont. Some people do, but most people wont.

Clearly, though, there's a lot of sh*t flying around your head. A lot of insecurities. And you're not gonna be a real cool guy with that going down. So, I recommend you go out and try to lose weight - for all the wrong reasons. To stop being made fun of, so girls will like you, so you'll be accepted and appease all the hoarsemouths that would jitter and sneer.

And then, you'll go one of two ways. You'll become extremely egotistical for a spell and almost enforce everyone do the same, or else you'll keep trying to please these cats and just be begging for their approval. And by this time you'll have changed your whole life to something you feel is more you - that means your lifestyle, your style, your musical preferences, or whatever.

And they'll still sneer at you. Because you're still doing sh*t. And then you'll become bitter and cynical and hateful and turn away into all kinds of terrible things and subversive thoughts - and that'll take you to the edges of your intellect. And your lifestyle, style and lah-de-dah will change here, too.

And then you'll face a reform where you're over that once you've almost forgotten why. And you'll feel your life has changed, almost without seeing it. And people don't sneer at you so much. 'Cos you've withdrawn a little.

And then you'll eventually move into that, and be more agreeable and more open minded and more social. And you'll speculate, and put all that bullsh*t behind you and you'll get to start again with your whole life ethos, with a much improved social standing.

Thats how it USUALLY goes anyway.

• It could be your hygiene causing them to react that way.

I pretty much felt like a joke at 220, not gonna lie. But if you dress well and take proper care of yourself then I doubt girls would spite you in classroom environment. Girls still at least spoke to me at that point, so really you have to analyze factors other than weight.

• My hygiene is fine and I don't wear outrageous clothes or anything.

• That's your opinion. How about showing an honest picture of whatever your style is (blur out face)? It might help.

And don't listen to udolipixie, he lost half his brain when someone jammed an iron bar into his skull.

• I am 6'1 and weigh about 205lbs. I am not skinny by any means and am the type of guy with broad shoulders you would be surprised how many girls find this attractive. I work out so I have muscle and a broad chest, try to eat right, and dress nice, also have a good hairstyle and hygiene. I have done these things and I was only rejected one time by a girl and she is not nearly as attractive as other girls I've been with I just fell in love with her. Just relax man, we live once and then we are gone forever so try to have some fun.

• This IS the soul reason I lost weight.. And sports. But anyway I used to be 6'1 252 and now I'm 6"4 180 punds and been lifting for a good year now. It was very worthwhile. I'm like a completely new person. I like when girls give me looks and the way I perform athletically now. I can run a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash and dunk in basketball. Just loose the weight it really is life changing.

• I weight that much and I'm definitely not fat.