Non-pretty girls have no right to cry?

My mom heard me crying in my room because I was feeling really depressed. So she came upstairs and yelled at me for acting psychotic and hit me on my head and told me I'm not even pretty to be crying.

How does her logic make sense? Aren't more unattractive girls prone to sadness and all around depression and therefore are more likely to cry? Would it make you pissed off if an unattractive/ avg looking girl was crying?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mom is crazy.

Mothers get up there in age and forget what makes sense. Take note of her emotion, not words. She told you to stop crying, for whatever reason. It's just not good, and she was likely annoyed.

• Sometimes I have episodes where suddenlyi get really depressed and feel really insecure/lonely- so I get teary. I was crying in my room, not in front of her... She could have just ignored me instead of making me feel crappier

• Ehh, she's your mom you gotta learn how to take the bad moments with a grain of salt.

What Guys Said 5

• Are you the girl who's always talking about her mother giving her sh*t for not being attractive?

If so - sort that the f*** out. You should seriously know that's not how it goes by now. No amount of asking anonymous question on the internet is gonna sort your problems.

• what other questions did that she ask?

i don't think I asked enough questions like that to annoy the users.

• A man gets kicked, and then he kicks his cat, and then the cat kicks the mouse and so on and so forth. That's true in all aspects of life, that domino effect of tension. And as an Asian Mother, your in a position of immense power, and ofcourse, of great expectation. Which is an old expression... And its true, too. And your gonna get very very frustrated and freak out. So... Unless this is happening every day, I wouldn't pay it that much mind. And she doesn't mean a single word of it, I'm sure-

• I don't know if you can go to your mother about things? If she is approachable, go and talk to her about that. She might apologize, she might just ignore you, I don't know what she's like. But I doubt she will logically reiterate the argument or try and make you sympathise. And that's because she was taking out something on you - you who wouldn't retaliate. Kicking the cat.

So... Well, I think its terrible you have to live among that drastic situation, but hey. WHO AM I. And I'm no better at all

• Sound to me like you shouldn't take anything she says seriously anymore. A comment like that would ruin a person's credibility with me.

• Your mom pisses me off.

• Man, moms are really f***ed up to their daughters.

• any girl can cry for any reason, your mom is just being a bitch

What Girls Said 5

• Non-pretty girls have no right to cry? In my opinion unless it's extreme physical torture no one should be crying

How does her logic make sense? No

Aren't more unattractive girls prone to sadness and all around depression and therefore are more likely to cry? Yes

Would it make you pissed off if an unattractive/ avg looking girl was crying? No

• "In my opinion unless it's extreme physical torture no one should be crying"

So people shouldn't cry when their parents or siblings die? When they lose their wife/husband? When their child dies?

I swear you make less and less sense every day.

• Physical pain pales in comparison to emotional pain fact

• @hellothere

Physical pain pales in comparison to emotional pain fact

^ really now..and where's the study showing that..and how did this study measure pain and have a universal scale of pain that was the same for the people involved?

Or is it a fact because you believe it?

• Her logic doesn't make sense. Get her checked for dementia or some other form of age neurological disease.

Don't worry, I'd cry to if she was my mother. I'd suggest try crying quieter when she's home. Also be patient, one day you'll be on your own and not with her.

• Your mum is psychotic. It would benefit you to never listen to or believe anything she ever says to you again.

• well I can't...i don't have anyone close enough to take advice from...she's probably the only person who I truly have...so everything she says makes quite an impression.

• Where would she get an idea like that?

• people cry who gives a f*** if they're attractive it's to do with emotion

• No, I meant, my mothers logic was that you don't deserve to cry if you're not pretty. She sucks major. She know I'm dealing with depression, but she never wants to take me to a therapist, the least she could do is not say anything as hurtful as that statement

• We're asian. In Asian culture, if you even lay a finger on your parents- you will die.

• hit & run

lmao