Why are guys always rejecting me?

I'm nice funny easy to talk to always having a great time and most people say I'm pretty not trying to brag or nothing. I just don't get it.

i mean I can talk to them but when I get to know and I tell that I like them they say their not interested

Most Helpful Guy

• You approach guys and get rejected?

Maybe you are going for guys who are idiots/think they are out of your league.

What Guys Said 17

• I agree with the "people say" part. Friends won't usually tell you that you're ugly as sin...well, mine do, but they'd say that even if I was a supermodel, so they don't count. As much as I normally detest the "rate me" threads here, if you want an honest opinion, there's no better place than here. You've seen the way these people are - brutally honest is SOP around here. If you want to know how pretty you really are, I'd post a picture and ask 'em.

As to the approach, there are a lot of factors that'll affect it. What is your style? What is the usual style of the guys you approach? Sometimes, that alone causes the conflict. Example: if you're a rocker chick, you're probably not going to do well with a nerd who can name every past and present member of the X-Men, but thinks Eddie and Alex Van Halen are two guys who do Vegas shows with a tiger act.

Next, how do you approach them? How aggressive are you? Some guys don't mind a forward girl (this become truer as us guys get older), but most guys in your age range like to be the chaser. There's a big machismo thing going on for guys at your age. Huge. If a girl approaches a guy, the implication is that she's wearing the pants in the family and he may as well wear high heels and pearls. It sends guys into a panic.

Of course, they could just be taken/interested in another girl. Point is, there are a lot of variables and without knowing a little more about you or better yet, seeing you in action (which, obviously, we won't), it's hard to say for certain.

• Some of the other comments are way off - looks rarely matter. Look at me - I'm no Brad Pitt, but I've been pretty lucky and I've dated some very beautiful and interesting people, and my current girlfriend is both. It's all about your personality and attitude. If you come across and needy and desperate, people won't respond to that. If you're confident and self-secure, that will lead to a LOT more interest.

Step back and take an honest assessment of yourself. Are you going for guys you think are "out of your league"? What do you look for in a guy? Are you even compatible with the guys yuo're chasing after? Take a long, hard look at WHY you're failing and change something. Treat it like a science class - every time you ask a guy out it's a science experiment and you have to figure out the missing ingredient to make everything go right. Only focus on the things you can affect or change. You can't change the guy. You can't change your looks. You can't change a lot of things like your physical location or the social situation. So focus on you - change your approach, change your style, change you attitude. Find something that makes you happy and do that often. For me it was video games. That was my escape when I was depressed and lonely. For you it might be writing poetry, or just walking, or reading, it could be anything. What happens is when you find that thing that makes you happy on your own, it makes you way less stressed and desperate when you do find someone that is responding to you. That's highly attractive, way more so than something superficial like looks.

• Well who wouldn't want to have a funny, easy-going pretty girl for their girlfriend..so it's probably not you, it's them :-) Just wait it out, don't come over as too desperate, stay yourself and the better guys will come soon enough..

• maybe they think you're too high-profile, or already are interested in someone else and can't be with you etc. Don't worry about it too much, you'll find the right guy one day that's on the same page as you

• Pic plz? and I will tell you why.There's At least 50 reasons I could tell you.

• maybe your targeting a very specific kind of guy, try to step back and think how these guys might differ from others

• Maybe change up how your going about looking the guy, like try different activities

• Girls do the same thing. I`m guessing they either have a boyfriend or they just are not ready. It takes a bit of a while to actually get someone.

• Do not worry about this! There will be a guy who likes the way you do and the way you look. Just search such a guy. Not all are same! Some like geeks some don't. Hope you would've understood!

• Why are girls always rejecting me? I know why, you probably know y guys reject you but you don't want to admit it to yourself

• Well . . . maybe they just don't want to go for a girl like you, not saying that I wouldn't. But maybe they just don't want to be in a relationship.

• reject you in what way?

• @update maybe your trying to come onto them too quickly and not establishing a background or anything like that first

• are you interesting?

• maybe you shoot too high

• well the "people say" thing is stupid cause its obviously a lot more socially acceptable to tell someone they are pretty than ugly. when was the last time you told someone they were ugly to their face? also, there has to be something you are doing wrong or else the world just hates you (which is what I assume you want to hear). and there is no way to tell what you are doing wrong since you only listed your good qualities. what are your bad qualities? that's probably gunna be more helpful. unless of course you think you have no bad qualities, in which case you are just dumb and that's why no one wants to date you

• Don't worry about anyone else

They are doing their own thing.

You do your thing.

Just try being friends with guys first and then see if they like you

and also not every one will like you so don't worry about it

oh and above all don't take it personally

• i've never bought into the whole "people say" thing, because people will only say what you wanna hear, and to me its a red flag when ever people say "people say"

• "Im not trying to brag" is pretty annoying too so personality wise I'm leaning in the other derection

• I generally take the opposite route.

I have a rule that if it many people tell you a certain thing then it must be true.

e.g. you think your tie is nothing special but everyone seems to compliment you. Thus, my opinion of the tie changes.

(This happened to me on various interviews I've been on. They all said they liked my tie and I don't think they are telling me what I want to her)

or all of your friends tell you, girl 1 likes you but you literally don't know but after a couple people

• say, it becomes more noticeable right?

What Girls Said 11

• From your age, I'm guessing your still in high school. Maybe the boys you talk to just aren't into getting in a serious relationship and want to just be friends...maybe some of them feel guilty because you've made the first move and it hurt their pride that they couldn't tell you their feelings first.

At that stage in life it could be a lot of wanting a girl to have sex with not a girl who makes them laugh and they can talk to.

Perhaps all they really do want is to be friends, nothing against you, just their own feelings.

Don't worry too much hun. If it makes you feel better I wasn't in a real relationship until college and I'm happy for it because the boys I went to high school with were all jerks and I'm with a man who's amazing...and even if you do have to wait until you get to college, you'll find someone who's amazing and loves talking to you and visa versa and he wants no other girl but you for the rest of his life.

• because they're not interested

• Maybe you're not all that you think you are.

• either they don't like your personality, or you're just not as pretty as you think you are.

• well there just stupid for that...some guys only go for hot hot girls when they should be going girls like you

• Could be many different reasons, like maybe you go for a certain type of guy and they aren't interested in a girl like you or something else.

• Can you provide more details?

• i have the same problem =/ but you're young in hs guys don't want a relationship at that age not even in college, at least a good bunch of them dont...may be you're too good of a girl and guys want a girl whos sort of bad and wild =/

• The guys here sound really shallow and in their head a reason a girl will be rejected by the looks only...Seriously an attraction its not only about looks

• are you going after them...a lot of guys like the chase.

• They coukd be gay, they could like another girl, they might not think you are funny or pretty, maybe they just like blondes, many reasons...

Ijust think that when a guy is completly certain the girl is all into them they loose interested for some reason, so a trick is never let him know for sure...