Is it considered slutty to wear heels with jeans?

My female friend and I are having a debate that we can't come to an agreement on. She says that it looks trashy and girls who don't know any better dress like that and are sending the wrong message to guys. I say that it looks great, it's normal and considered to be classy to have a nice looking pair of jeans and heels on (pumps, sandals, slingbacks - your choice). We're talking about doing normal everyday things like going to work, shopping, or going to a restaurant for lunch, whatever. Also, we're not talking about shoes a stripper would wear, just normal heels.

If you need more detail, let me know. All opinions are much appreciated.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking this debate is going my way. Ladies, much appreciated for the all the responses so far, keep them coming! Your insight is great. Also, if there's any dudes out there who have an opinion, type it up. Merry Xmas!
Thanks again for all the responses. Pretty amazing when you have every response going your way... much love and thanks for all of your insight!

Have a great New Years!

Most Helpful Girl

• Whaaaaaaat? I love wearing heels with jeans as do most of my friends. I don't think it's ever passed our minds as being trashy. I mean, maybe if you're wearing a lowcut top with cleavage out to there. But what? What other shoes are we respectable women supposed to wear out? You can only go so far wearing flats. (and don't tell me to wear sneakers to look nice.)

If she thought wearing heels with a mini skirt was slutty or trashy, I'd no doubt agree. But jeans? Com'on lighten up.

What Girls Said 22

• i dont' think it looks trashy to wear heels with jeans but I've never done it before. I think it just looks ok. I think heels, with heels, I would rather wear a cute dress with it, like a shirt dress or a light summer skirt with heels or even capris, but not jeans

• Jeans with heels is not slutty at all. Personally I would rather wear a nice pants than wear jeans but that's just my style. Slutty would be booty shorts and heels. That's slutty.

• Not trashy at all! If it was, they wouldn't plaster it all over fashion magazines, tv shows, commercials, ads, etc.

• god no.I don't think it looks slutty! next thing you know, wearing tank tops will be slutty, showing a little wrist will be slutty.cmon now! don't heels make you feel good, not to mention a bit taller when you are short.I think heels make an outfit look classy and clean.

• of course not! jeans and heels are like the basic lol. what else should you wear with heels? sweats? I prefer the skinny jeans with heels, it looks really cute.

• That is not slutty at all. It's totally cute, I do it all the time.

Now heels with shorts are slutty, but pants I say go for it.

What does she think you're supposed to wear heels with? I don't know many people who wear skirts or slacks every day and we LOVE our heels.

• Not at all! If the jeans were distressed and ripped it might look a little cheap, but nice regular wash or dark wash jeans are perfectly fine with heels. The only other option would be with skirts, dresses or dress pants. Short skirts with heels for the "every day" look would definitely be trashy. But for work or shopping heels with casual dresses, jeans, dress pants, or pencil skirts are absolutely appropriate!

• Not at all! I wear heels with jeans all the time. It looks more casual then any other type of shoe with jeans.

• I have no idea why she would think it looks trashy to wear heels with jeans, I think it generally makes an otherwise boring everyday outfit look interesting! And who wears flats anymore for that matter?

• They don't look slutty, the hills WILL look slutty if you put them with a mini mini skirt and a blouse that doesn't have much fabric lol.

• Amen!.... never where heels and a miniskirt.... its gunna make us perve but I would NEVER even consider TRYING to pick you up .... lol

• omg, Heels with anything is attractive! The girl who thinks not, what do you were? sneakers all the time? goodness. how in the world is a wearing heals with a pair of jeans skanky? the only way they would be was if you wore a whorish shirt with it. Is your friend amish, or of an old school religion?

• i don't think its slutty at all! I agree with you I think its normal and can be classy!

• i like the jeans and the heels look... I think it is classy... but only if done rite... like no heels with holey trashy jeans... but a nice pair of jeans and a flirty top and cardi with a cute hand bag would be cute I think...

• Jeans and heels are slutty? Is the girl Amish? There is nothing slutty about that

• ...maybe he's really nervous. You never know what's going on in someones life or head. He may be taking this in a diffrent way. So just give him a little bit more time, and he'll soften up. :3

• NO! Whoever said that it was, is an idiot...i think that it's kinda cool to wear them with jeans. sheesssshhhhhh.

• i think it makes you not only look hotter but feel hotter and sexier too lol.

• Not trashy at all! I think it can actually look very classy.

• NOPE!

i do it.

its classy not slutty.

• i don't get how that could be trashy at all.

personally I love the look xx

• No way !

that's cute;

• If you can't wear jeans with heels, what can you wear with them? Tennis shoes and sneakers seem so dressed downed and flats? I'm short enough, thank you! I think heels are universal - wear them with anything but sweat pants.

What Guys Said 7

• It depends how tight the jeans are. Tight jeans with heels accentuate a certain part of your body that you might not want to accentuate all that much!

Although I like that look, frankly, it's going to get the wrong kind of attention if you have a cute behind and the jeans are tight...

• Ok 5 months too late, but I think jeans and high heels are wierd. They are sort of a turn off. I would rather someone wear sneakers and jeans or a skirt and high heels. I've seen it on the street but I don't like it.

• Nope

• I was never a real big fan of this look but it's definitely not "slutty".

• it doesn't look slutty, question is does it look good?

• All heels are slutty. It means you are trying to push your ass up to look sexier. If that is your thing, go for it... being a slut is pretty much celebrated nowadays.

But I wish that girls didn't think that they had to flaunt their body in order to feel good about themselves. Confidence, and intelligence are WAY more sexy than dressing like a hooker.

• its hot