Girls and guys, are you truly happy with how you look?

Girls:

"I'm fat", "My stomach's too big", "I want to weigh 90-100lbs", "I hate my chubby cheeks", "I don't like how I look", "My face is ugly", "My breasts are too big", "My breasts are too small", "I hate how my breasts look" - Yes, most of us, if not everyone, has been through and can at least relate to that . E.g. I constantly see many girls in gag, who aren't even obese, overweight or at a heavier end of the normal weight being constantly unhappy with how they look, wanting to lose an unhealthy amount of weight within a short period of time.

So girls, are you truly happy/contented with how you look? What is it that you aren't happy off? If you aren't happy, what are you truly pursuing for? To look great in clothes? Or are you having an obsession in chasing something to fit a social paradigm? PLEASE don't use "I want to look healthy" if you are already healthy and using this statement as an excuse. Be honest.

Guys:

Question is pretty much as above. If you aren't happy, why is that so?

• I am truly happy and contented with how I look
  • On some days I am very happy and contented with how I look, on some days I don't like how I look
  • On most days I am unhappy and discontented with how I look
  • I completely don't like how I look.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not happy with myself overall, I wish I was taller and my hands were bigger too. It is aslo too bad that my height its something that you cannot change. I mean me ebing 5'6 doesn't help me much, it doesn't help me for sports and it must definetely doesn't help me with girls, as choice pool is smaller than somebody who is tall as girls do not like short guys. My hands are small too and I hate it, I have little girlie hands. I am happy with my face though, althoug I wish I could get y nose fixed cause I have a broken nose, Other than that I am happy with who I am.

What Guys Said 22

• I am perfectly happy with the way I look. I would f*** myself If I could.

• No one is truly happy with their body because we always seek perfection. I wished I had a better looking face and that's pretty much it for physical wise. Personality wise, I do wish I wasn't too forgiving.

• In contrast to most of the people here, I'm not happy with most of myself (as of now, I'm the one guy who voted D). Some things I can change in time, some I can't. I've just learned to live with it.

• You are being honest :) I couldn't agree more with your last sentence.

• I love my body just the way it is, but I love it too much to leave it that way.

Joking aside, I really do like my body. I work out a lot, but I'm really not looking to completely overhaul it. I just want to tone my muscles a bit more and drop a little bit of fat to give myself a really trim and sleek look.

• I don't swing that much between 'totally happy' and 'despair'.

Most days I'm okay with how I look, but there are some things I'd change - some under my control, some not'.

• nahh I got to start hitting the gym again my arms look a bit smaller and my tummy looks a bit bigger, I've been slacking the last few months

• nothing major but keep this up for a year or so I may look like a really strong chubby guy, that's not good

• im happy with how I look. I'm on the slim side (im 5'11 and only 145) and I always wanted to be bigger to be "average" size (like I have skinny arms) but at this point I would feel weird if I was 50 pounds heavier. so I can't imagine myself NOT being skinny..

im going through some pretty brutal basketball tryouts right now and visually its got me into better shape. I was already working out and conditioning but the things we have to do in tryouts take it up to the next level (its brutal... I wanted to die the 1st day lol). if I flex my stomach in the mirror I have a big 6 pack just from all the sprinting we've been doing, but honestly it looks and feels real gross.. but I know girls are into that so that makes me feel better about it I guess...

so I think looks wise I'm good to go, I'm just unhappy because my social game sucks

• Well I guess you could say it's about 60-40 for me. 60 being unhappy and 40 being happy. I'm content with the way I look facially but I hate my height which is what makes me so unhappy with myself. I love my fashion sense (sorry, not bragging) but being so short is something that will take me years to get over. I just wish I was tall, or at least taller than what I am now. Worse thing is, height is the one thing you cannot change.

• I'm happy enough. I'm reasonably sure I'm not hideous, which is a damn fine start.

• I always feel like my breast are too small. :\ Lol

• Voted C. I am not happy because having been fat I was made fun of and ignored by girls. So even though I am in pretty good shape, the problem areas for me stand out. A little messed up in the head.

• Not really happy at the moment

• B: sometimes I am. I think I look alright, but I'm too skinny, even though I work out

• I'm happy with my face but I wish I was taller. There are days when I think I'm getting fat so I just work out and stop eating sweets for a week and then I'm back to the way I wanted my stomach to look like. Rite now I'm 5'5 or 5'6 I get a different answer ever time I get measured. But my weight is like 120-125 right now so I'm happy atm.

• D. I want a new face and body. I'm fat and girls don't like me. I think my face might be average or cute to a few, but to the majority I don't think it is.

• Half and half pretty much. maybe a little more in unhappy with how I look but... Shit happens lol :D

• I'm in the process of losing weight, but I don't like hate my body or anything, I just started working out one day and I liked the way I felt so I stuck with it. I've lost 40 pounds and I look a lot better than I did but I know I still have room to approve so I'm just gonna keep working out for who knows how long lol

• I'm content with my looks

• Overall, yes. Sometimes, nope.

• I'm 5'11 and 220 lbs, so I wish I was about 40 lbs less. I also wish I had a bigger penis, but doesn't every guy? I wouldn't mind being taller either, but it doesn't bother me too much as my friends are shorter.

• I don't ever like how I look. I hate my hair, I have a big nose, and I have acne. Lots of people say I am too self conscious, and I might be, but I always feel that way. I'm tall and skinny, but I do try and lose weight. I always hate how I look. By the way I am a 16 year old guy.

• Lose weight... you don't mean put on weight?

• no, actually. I think I'm fat, despite I'm skinny. And now that I think of it, I don't have acne, just get pimples every once and a while

• I need to get some muscles. I'm not working out yet since people say I might stop growing if I start lol. And I want to be taller

• That's not true you grow more when you work out. I've been working out for about 10 weeks and I'm a quarter of an inch taller.

What Girls Said 24

• So girls, are you truly happy/contented with how you look? Not really.

What is it that you aren't happy with? My boobs could be bigger; my stupid keratosis condition on my skin; discolored skin + giant birthmark on my left boob.

If you aren't happy, what are you truly pursuing for? Pursing what ? A job/career ? How I look doesn't really effect what I want to be in life...except for scholarships and cute doctors.

To look great in clothes? Yea. I make sure to buy clothes that fit me properly while also looking cute.

Or are you having an obsession in chasing something to fit a social paradigm? No, I'm not chasing anything. The stuff I'm not happy about aren't going to end life as we know it. I'm actively trying to treat my keratosis. And I can't really do much about my birthmarks and uneven skin tones.

• Girls and guys, are you truly happy with how you look? Yes

So girls, are you truly happy/contented with how you look? Happy yes...content no

What is it that you aren't happy off? I'm happy with everything I'm not content with my eye color I want purple eyes

If you aren't happy, what are you truly pursuing for? I can't really pursue an eye color change unless I get one of those eye color surgery..since those are relatively new...that's a no for me

To look great in clothes? I already do. There's nothing yet that I don't look great in.

Or are you having an obsession in chasing something to fit a social paradigm? lmfao I actually help set the social paradigm in my social circle

• I'd be happy with the way I looked if the guys I know weren't so completely vain. Makes me feel like I have to be a size 0 or 2, long long hair, and paint my face up to even have a guy give me the time of day.

• I picked B. Mostly I wish I could be alittle taller and have bigger boobs and a butt. I look very young and have often been told I look about 12 or that I have a boyish body which really hurts. Most days I think I at least have a pretty face and as long as my hair isn't being completely crazy I feel as if I look decent

• If I was a few dress sizes smaller then I would be happy...but I love food to much so I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon x]

• High five on food! :D x

• Im 100% happy with my body and how I look, I don't care what anyone else says to me anymore. I love my hair, face, breasts, butt, stomach, legs, arms, just everything! I would not change a thing! ...except get rid of the mild acne of my face but it goes away and comes back so that would be the only thing I'd change.

• I am pretty happy with how I look. When I was younger I guess you could say I was a little chubby but I attribute that to baby fat. I just worked out at the gym and lost the weight and now I feel fit and thin. I like working out and exercising. Not only does it reduce any depression or anxiety I may have but also helps me to look and feel great. :)

• I honestly don't think too much about it so I guess that means yes because I know a lot of people who would kill to look like someone else. I know I'm not perfect but I'm content

• somedays yea and somedays no...

• If I were thinner I'd be happy.

• I'm pretty happy with myself? There are a few things here and there I would like to change but overall I think I've got some pretty decent packaging LOL /lame

I think the main thing I would like to work on is toning my stomach up a bit and getting my body fat percentage down. I'm not a big person as it is and I LOVE my body shape(I'm around 5'5" and 120 pounds, with an hour glass figure and a C-cup in the chest) but I can't help but feel like I could be more attractive if it was a little more toned?

But other than that I love my face, and almost everything else about me!

• I'm not truly happy. I'm content.

• I'd be completely happy with the way I look if I was thinner.

• I chose d

im truly unhappy with my body

i want to look like I did pre pregnancy

i have 10lbs that just refuse to go away no matter what I do

also my butt could be a litte bigger

• the butt usually gets bigger :/ How long since you delivered your baby? Congratulations on having a child though :)

• hey we are like scarlett johansson if anything! Her butt is quite small too ;)

Do you have the problem of clothes hanging on the boobs making the shape of your upper body appearing a bit awkward/weird? I can't wear clothes which are too/extremely short XD

• Lol yea it blows

• I'm pretty happy with the way I look, however there's always things that you'd like to change if you got the opportunity. Most day I feel good but sometime I would like to look a bit different. I'd like to loose a bit of weight, get rid of acne scars, gain some more tone in my muscles and probably get a bit lighter in complexion etc. However they aren't things that I go about saying "Oh boo hoo I wish I was like this, I wish I was like that...why am I so" And it's not like I'm depressed about it or anything...It's nothing serious like that. So I'd say I'm pretty content.

• I don't think I'll ever be "truly happy" about anything, but I'm fairly content with how I look.

• ive gotten to the point that I am happy with what I see. of course I can still find flaws, it is my body after all... like I would love to have more tone in my arms, and my belly could be a little more flat, but I am healthy now. (I have lost 35lbs) And that is the most important thing to me. I know my man loves the way I look, and that makes me happy :)

• I like myself, but I always see some girls and go "I WISH I WAS HER". I am short (5'1) and I crave to have long slender legs. I have a pretty nice Chest size (34 C's), but I would trade them in any day to be taller. Weight-wise I am pretty fit, my BMI is healthy. I love my hair and my facial features, I just want to be TALLER!

• I mean I guess I am, but I could always look better

• Yes, I am generally happy and content with my appearance. Of course I have bad hair days, 'fat' days, days where my skin breaks out. But I don't call myself ugly or go cry in a corner because I'm not perfect. You have to hold yourself to reasonable and attainable standards.

I work out everyday for an hour and eat really clean, so I'm transforming my body into what I would like it to look like. How could I not be happy with working toward my goal? I want to look and feel healthy, that's it.

• i am truly happy with the way I look but I would LOVE to have a different nose!

• I am not happy with how I look. Sometimes I think I look alright but other days I actually get embarrassed and walk to class and see pretty girls and think "why can't I look more like them?" I don't like my figure very much. I'm happy with my boobs but I don't like my curves. and I want to lose my love handles veryyy badly. according to BMI and fat percentage all that stuff, I'm healthy. but I want to lose more weight. I just want a flat stomach with some tone and to lose my love handles...and I wish my skin on my face looked really smooth, but it doesn't. and I wear glasses which I hate and absolutely HATE my hair...omg...my hair is horrible, I've always wanted straight natural hair...always. the two parts of my body that I'm very happy with are my feet (I know that's weird to say because most people hate their feet, but I have dancer feet and the kind of feet that look really pretty in high heels and have also been told by many people I have pretty feet lol) and also my arms and hands I'm happy with those too.

• truly happy? no

happy? yes

• I used to be, before I had my son.Now I have stretch marks and a saggy stomach.

• MANY post pregnant woman can completely relate to you with that. Do feel better about yourself :) Stretch marks and saggy stomach comes sooner or later with age. I'm sure at your age, you still look gorgeous regardless :)

• I have a nice figure and get a lot of attention from guys.:( They don't know how my stomach looks without clothing. I feel real insecure because of this. But thanks

• I guess ambermarie and you and relate to one another :) I bet you still have a nice figure. It'll take time. Don't give up!