How often do you compare your looks to others?

Guys and girls, how often do you compare your looks to others?

• All the time/ most of the time
  • Very often
  • Sometimes
    Vote C
  • Not so often
    Vote D
  • Not at all/ rarely
    Vote E

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• I personally don't but I feel that my guy friends do it often. For example: When my best friend claimed he could steal my girlfriend away from me in a matter of time. I said go ahead, ( I wasn't being cocky, I just believe if she walks away then obviously she wasn't the right one for me.) So he tried talking to her that day and she shot him down with his flirting and he was mad at me for a week or two. He eventually tells me that he envies me for my face,i told him there's no reason to be jealous. I'm sure I'm ugly to many people out there, so I don't think my looks are anything outside of normal. What makes other people compare their looks to others is because of their insecurities / ego. Its normal to compare your looks, but its another thing to push your insecurities on other people. That is just my opinion.

• lol .. what a best friend you have!

• yea tell me about it, I feel like he tries to compete with me or something, I didn't even know we were competing in the beginning. =/

• I'm in the 'not so often' category.

I wonder how old those who answered each category are.

Me, 30, getting divorced next week, and I know that physical appearance is what initially attracts, but your soul that keeps a connection..

• I used to do it a lot...and feel sad about myself ;(

but over the years,I have learned to accept myself the way I am and be secure and happy about it

REMEMBER you are the one who creates your success, that you are the one who creates your mediocrity, and that you are the one creating your happiness & sadness

• yeah I do. especially at the gym and I get self concious working out next to bodybuilders who look like they could grate cheese with their abs. I realize though that a lot of these guys are pretty weak.

• Every minute of every day and I have yet to meet someone as ugly as me.

Be glad. Be very very glad that I don't post my picture.

• I do it quite a bit.

• Never. I am who I am. And I look like my parents,so I look average. God has made me this way and I love the way I look.

• sometimes. usually when I'm around couples. or in the mall. mostly in the mall but the mall and couples go hand in hand. so its a double whammy

• only when I think he's better looking than me.

but that's if I'm noticing that stuff at the moment.

so sometimes.

• When I'm at the gym, I sometimes compare my chest to some of the guys there. I don't except mines to be as good as theirs (no homo) in a few months. I figure they've been working out for years. Other than that, I don't compare myself to anyone.

• The older I get the less I care. I am who I am and I happen to be OK with that.

• Not so often, I like to observe what people wear. It expresses who they are kinda.

• Guys only really care about the size of their member. and it'd b kinda gay to compare that

• ^ Is insecure in his masculinity and compares himself to men all the time.

• That arrow up is my mind being absent. Congratulations on that mistake.

• I fixed it for ya

• I do I admit I'm not the most confident person

• Constantly, it's my personality.

What Girls Said 26

• all the freaking time. it sucks because it makes me unsatisfied with myself. I'm constantly going, I wish I had her hair or I wish that was my body. blah

• It helps to think of someone in admiration as opposed to comparing them to yourself. Like looking at someone and thinking of their attributes, but ignoring yourself in the process. It takes some work to do. If you can't ignore yourself, try not picturing yourself in comparison to them.

• There are times that I do, just those days where you feel everyone is prettier than you. But to give myself more confidence I say - I can turn into them, they can turn into me. Meaning that these girls that are prettier have themselves dolled up with make up and nicer while I don't, but I could look like them. I usually feel like crap after an allnighter because then I have no sleep and I have to rush to school.

• I only compare my looks to myself from one day to the next.

On the other hand, sometimes I catch myself thinking my clothes are cuter than someone else's. Quite horrible, really.

• Not that often...I know I'm very pretty so I don't really care too much to compare myself to others...I think the only thing that gets me are the clothes. I do compare what I'm wearing to others though..but that's about it. And when I see a very attractive girl I'm the first to say it that why people think I'm an undercover lesbo lol...

• Not so often! Everyone is unique in their own way.

• I compare myself to the girls I work with when I look like crap and they look fantastic! But when I'm having a good hair day I don't

• i chose sometimes. I never thought I was pretty ever and I found myself thinking every other girl is better looking than me. I don't compare myself anymore but I still don't find myself pretty and I don't think I ever will although guys tell me I'm gorgerous, beautiful and pretty I don't see that

• Sometimes! Just to see where I'm at :D But more often when I feel like I have competition for someone, like a guy :P

• not often.

• All the f***ing time. ):

• Very often ._. I wish I had 7gnat's view on things :)

• I'm very confident thus I don't really compare my look anyone !

Exccept sometimes , rarely !

• Very often -__-

• wouldnt sometimes be the same as not so often? I just put sometimes

• only when I catch my man checking a girl out

• pretty often., But then again all the other girls know I'm the hottest.

• not much =)

• Yes pretty often,especially if the girls get much attention from guys.

• I tend to compare something I'm wearing or doing with my hair to the style of people who I *know* are trendy, just to make sure I look appropriate for a certain environment or event. The goal is not to compete, but to make sure that I don't stand out because I'm dressed inappropriately for the task or occasion.

• once in a while

• Pretty often.

• All the time -- the best thing a girl can be is beautiful!

• Like all the time lol. Whenever I see a girl with a hot body, I try to catch a glimpse of her face to see if she's a butterface or I try to see if she has a fault. I know it's bad. lmao

• Often and I hate it.. I'm not jealous or self loathing or anything.. I just wish my looks had more to offer than "cute".

• All the time...

• If I see a female who is extremely attractive to the point that I feel threatened, because honestly a lot of people don't make me feel threatened

Or if a guy that I like is giving another girl attention I may compare myself to her.

Overall, not that often.