Ladies: how much does looks and apperance effect if you'll want to talk to a guy or not?

on a scale of 1-10

10 being top priority...

how much is Looks and appearance a importance to you?

how about Personality?

Most Helpful Girl

• its a top priority to me when we are first getting know each other and if ill want to even think of you romantically. if I think of you as a potential friend, then it doesn't matter. I have to be physically attracted to any potential lovers, though, sorry. I don't want someone, to whom I'm not attracted, touching me intimately or anything. that's weird.

if I haven't spoken to him yet or gotten to know him, I doubt his personality could even be a realistic factor, as I don't know him at all. lol I look for vibes though, comments, responses to my humor and my personality and comments. that's usually the sign of whether or not there's potential.

many many people dont/cant convey their true personality to you at any given moment, so it isn't really always realistic to assume that you have a great grasp on someones personality. I'm usually good with perception, but still, I've been wrong before. peoples true colors come out eventually, or you just met them in a good/bad mood, whatever. I talk to everyone because I love getting to know people, but looks are very very important to me in relationships. I need to be strongly attracted to the person.

ill literally talk to anyone as long as its not a safety hazard or some sh*t. you can be ugly as hell and ill still talk to you, get to know you for a little bit, have a conversation. will I date you ? no.

What Girls Said 14

• It's hard to say.

Obviously it depends on the situation.

Whilst I love to say - yes personality is top all the time, some times you don't have a clue about a guy's personality and all you have to go on is looks.

If a guy comes up to me in a club, I'm not going to have a clue what his personality's like, so it's up to his looks pretty much, if I decide to give him the time of day or not.

Now if we're talking about someone I already know, then yes, personality is the key. Looks attract attention, personality keeps it.

• Would you find a cute guy hitting on you hot, while a non cute guy hitting on you creepy?

• No - I wouldn't find it 'creepy' but if a guy I don't find attractive hits on me in a club, I'm not going to flirt back.

• Ladies: how much does Look/apperance effect if you'll want to talk to a guy or not? It's the deciding factor. Just like guys approach girls they find attractive I talk to guys I find attractive.

how much is Look/appearance a importance to you? 10

how about Personality? 5...most people are generally the same and have at best average personalities..above average is Mother Theresa and Gandhi

• If I want to talk to someobody for whatever reason, I will. Doesn't matter how they look like. Maybe I need to ask them something about college and an essay we're supposed to write. I won't NOT talk to a guy that can help me just because he isn't pretty...

And in a romantic sense, if I wanted to talk to someone I already know and I know I like him because of his personality, looks would be of passing importance, but, none the less, still important. 6-7

And if I wanted to talk to someone I don't know, of course it will all be based on the way he looks, so 10.

• Looks and appearance I would say a 7. Even if the guy isn't exactly attractive, if he's well put together and takes pride in the way he looks it can make him attractive. And personality can either increase how attractive he is or reduce it alot. Personality is more important, at about a 9. Even if the guy is super good looking, if his personality is boring or he's arrogant or sleazy then I wouldn't even waste my time on him.

• what would your views be on my looks? avg?

• no I just mean casual talking, trying to get aqquinted with new people etc. And really? Thanks, glad to know I get diverse ratings :]

• Oh right well in that case, looks don't matter

• Personality 10.

looks 3.

Looks would have been 1...but I realized I don't like certain peoples appearances...expecially if they look really creepy,unfriendly or...dirty...like with sh*t stains on thier clothes...and crustations on thier face...?

AnywaySsS personality is a big deal for me...appearance can be overlooked if a person is good in general.

• these numbers are my personal opinion:

Personality- 17 (I know this is off the scale...just personality is really important)

appreance- 5 (this is low compared to the other ones...thats just because the way you carry yourself and the way you dress in a little important but not as much as the others...an example would be: if you dress like a drugy or a troublemaker I'm probably gunna stay away but if you dress casual or more like a gentleman or a "prep'' I guess id talk to you more)

looks- 7 (I know that seems high but I mean good looks do come in handy but they aren't everything)

i hope this helps.if not I'm sorry.

• I mean to me if he's got a great personality nothing else really matters especially if he's basically everything imm lookin fer

• i would only just talk to him if he were okay looking (5) , and has a social personality, meaning they easily can talk to you and are able to keep the convo going without making things awkward..i like guys like that. I like guys who try to act funny and silly around me , its cute. but I wouldn't date him

if he is really cute or hot to my eyes and has a sweet personality , then he will be on my mind and I will think about dating him

• Just to talk? Looks 1, personality 10.

To date? Looks 10, personality >5.

For a serious relationship? Looks 9, personality 10.

• Well, if someone talks me I always keep up my end of the convasation, I have been told by my friends its a big flaw of mine. Still I won't flirt with anyone I don't find attractive. What makes a person attractive is looks of course, but personality have a really big impact as well. A person who looks alright, but isn't smart enough to keep up a convasation becomes unattractive(talking real life, last Friday night experience here), it works the other way around too. At least that's how I feel, you can't put it on a scale from 1-10. If the person is average looking, personality can fix the rest.

• To me personality is a 10 and very important but in looks you have to look clean, smell good we love that. and have a good sense of style in clothes and a cute smile and be funny and have an overall nice personality. Don't be a A-hole or act too conceited that's a major turn off.

• When you say talking, do you mean just small talk/random convo, or flirting/pre-dating? If you're talking about conversation I'll talk to anyone, but if I'm not attracted then I won't flirt or date him or give him my #.

• Looks > 6

Personality > 7

• looks are worth about 25% to me

What Guys Said 4

• looks matter its the bottom line. When you see a girl for the first time or they see you they can't see your personality but they know what you look like.

• Like most people said. Looks matter more to some than others but in general I don't think they'll talk to date you if you look like this. link Then again some girls may find him sexy.

• Looks is what makes the attraction and personality is what makes the relationship.

• looks 3; wallet 10