Why is it okay for a woman in her early-mid twenties without kids to dress sexy?

I am a young woman that is 25. I can easily pass for 19-21 years of age. I notice that when I wear tight shorts/mini skirts I hear women making rude comments like "She shouldn't be wearing that because she has a child." when what I am wearing isn't too revealing in the first place.

When I see other young women my age wear it no one says anything. The guys seem to like what I wear but the women seem to have stink expressions.

Do you think a woman with kids should dress a certain way? Should she not wear the clothes she used to before she had the kid, if her body is the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like America is still basically a Puritan nation and is ashamed of sex, and they don't want to be open with kids about it.

What Guys Said 4

• In my personal opinion, yes, a mother around their kids should dress a certain way.

A mother out on the town with her friends/husband/boyfriend should dress however they want. (Assuming the kid is being properly looked after by a babysitter or whatever).

• Why would they say you have kids if you don't? Also why wouldn't it be okay?

• Sorry if I confused you but I do have a kid. I just want to know why is it OK for women without kids to dress sexy and not me.

• Oh my bad I read the question wrong. I just think it's because they think you should be setting an example for your kid without the skimpy outfits. I don't mind though I'm all for girls dressing sexy who can pull it off so I'd say go for it.

• have you ever watched the show What Not to Wear. most guys are pigs (me included) when we see short skirt and low top we look and look and look until my wife hits me really hard. What do you think when you see some one your age dressed similar.

• If she looks cute, I say it. If she's overweight and slobby wearing a mini skirt that's a different story.

• because it looks gross, just because the outfit is cute overall doesn't mean it will suit your body. Some girls need to dress according to their body type, not just pick up anything that looks cute on the rack and throw it on.

• Sorry, I was meant with what he said.

• People expect a woman with kids to dress more presentable than a woman without kids. Mothers are often seen in a different light than women who aren't mothers. Some guys don't care because well...jimmy is doing the thinking.

What Girls Said 2

• I can see both sides. I don't think I would wear some of the clothes I have if I had a child because I would want to set a good example. Sometimes when small children see their mother or women they are close to dress in revealing clothing, they want to do this at way too young of an age.

But at the same time, it is your body, your kid, and your life. Other people have no right to make those choices for you.

• its OK but America is just stupid. You can dress good and sexy still but don't show as much skin. Me I have to dress business casual and I still manage to look hot

• So do I, but sometimes it gets real hot where I live so I wear shorts.

• then that's OK , it doesn't make you a slut to wear shorts when its hot but just make your dress sexy with a slight touch of more mature , slightly more plain, and slightly more conservative