Question about girls and puberty

My daughter if very upset that she is the shortest one of her friends and her breast aren't as big as theirs. She eats right and stays active, but she has been the same height sence last year, and her breast have been the same size as well. I tried telling her that every one is different, but she still gets very upset, what else shuld I do to help her feel more confident?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just try to encourage the things she does feel good about. Kids start to realize at that age that life isn't always gonna hand them an equal share of the pie in every category. Sometimes its brains, sometimes its looks, sometimes its athletic ability or social skills ... The better a kid feels about their passion, the less the parts they dont' feel good about factor into their overall self confidence. Maybe she could join a club -- band or Girl Scouts or book club, etc.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell her that guys love short girls(I personally have no preference), and boobs don't matter at all. It's all about how she carries herself, not about how tall she is or how big her boobs are.

What Girls Said 5

• tell not to feel bad I have grown all of almos 2in since I was in 6th grade. I'm 16 now and 5'3.

im active as well. any way just tell her boys don't like supper tall girls anyway and having big boobs makes it harder to get a cute swimsuite top. that should make her smile. I'm not sure how old she is but if it really brothers her you could thik about putting her on because that ill help her develop.

• im assuming she is just hitting puberty? like you said, all girls are different. some prgoress faster than others. she has to learn to exceot that, only she won't because she is young and at that age where she is comparing herself to other girls. encourage she is beautiful the way she is. eventually she'll kick in and grow somewhat more and her figure will start to come in. basically there is nothing to do really but stick by her side and be an encouraging mother. that's very important.

• tell her to enjoy that! I started growing boobs at 5 years old and by age 10 I started my period and had 38D cup breasts. its embarrasing to be in kindergarden and wearing a bra or be taller than the other girls and guys or have rumors that you "stuff your bra" in 3rd grade. let her know that everyone grows and matures at a different rate and tell her to enjoy being like that. its not fun being 9 and having 20 year old hittting on you because they think your older.

• how old is she?

• she is 13, going on 14 in 3 months.

• Your really young lo but I'm short and extremely pretty and my boobs are average abd guys love me soooo