Why do guys like long hair?

question says it all:). why do they prefer it long and straight? why (in some cases) do they mostly like it blonde?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, but my type is definitely blonds with long, straight, silky smooth hair (not that I don't find brunettes attractive). Almost all of my crushes have been these types and my friends always joke around because they know if there is a blond nearby am going to notice and go nuts haha. Am really into light skinned girls with blue or green eyes and since basically all natural blonds are like this I tend to be more attracted towards them. This is going to sound weird, but I just think they look healthier and cleaner (they just have this glow about them).

What Guys Said 5

• Mostly because those are the properties hollywood pushes. Popular preference changes fairly rapidly with the fashion culture. In the 80s curly big hair was pretty.

Some people think that men generally prefer long hair because long healthy hair is an indicator of a strong immune system and long term health. I don't know that there's any solid evidence for that sort of evolutionary preference, but it is true that because of the way hair grows it is a good general indicator of health history. Some people also theorize that the preference for blondes is a result of the fact that people typically have lighter hair in their youth, and so blond hair is an indicator of youth, which is attractive to men.

Personally I'm sick of all the bottled blondes. I prefer dark wavy hair, especially if she has light colored eyes.

• I hate blond hair. Also, I like long hair because it's beautiful. I love it when girls play with their hair or when they pull it down from a ponytail or a bun. Also, I like something to hold onto while kissing or having sex.

• It's a preference not all guys like long blond hair.

• Idk it's just my preference. I think it looks beautiful though :D

• Sex appeal, I think people in general prefer long hair when it comes to the beauty of a women as seen in advertisements, beauty pageants and models. Blondes are viewed as being sexy, I've always perfered brown hair but when I was younger I only masturbated to the blondes

• i like short by the way :) link

• omg that was funny:) that's cool that you like short hair lol and I'm pretty sure your not weird for liking that :)

What Girls Said 5

• Long hair is feminine and long or medium length hair generally works well for all girls.

Short hair is more masculine and while many girls think they can pull it off, to guys it isn't a hot look.

Blond? I don't know too many guys who like blonds, I mean, I know guys who like bottle blonds but only for s-e-x really. They stand out?

I love long black hair :) AMAZING

I don't have straight or black hair though -_-

• not all guys like long hair. I have long hair and the guy I like likes short hair.

• I think long hair just looks more feminine... ;)

However, I'm pretty certain not everyone likes long hair. Straight just looks neat I guess, unless you have pretty waves or curls =)

• nah I don't. mine is blondish and it's long. I just was wondering why some guys like girls hair to be longer.

• I like long hair too!

• Not all guys like long hair. It also doesn't suit every girl's face. A guy will be attracted to a girl who looks good, which is not usually limited to a specific hair length, height, etc.