How do you know when you are beautiful?

I know this sounds stupid but does having a lot of guys hit on you and a lot of people tell you you are beautiful make you believe it?

Most Helpful Girl

• People can tell you until they're blue in the face that you're beautiful, but until YOU believe it yourself, it doesn't matter what others think. You shouldn't need validation from others, that's how you develop insecurities.

Self-confidence will get you far.

What Guys Said 1

• The manner in which they say it, your suspicions behind there motives, ''What could they gain''?!?!... you need to think, calculate, put your naive side to one side before you believe

What Girls Said 5

• Not at all. Someone with a ton of friends and guys after them can be ugly as opposed to someone who has nothing, I see it all the time.

• I think you need to feel beautiful without the compliments in order to actually believe it because when the compliments stop, will you still feel beautiful?

• no, I think you have to have confidence in yourself, in order to believe you're beautiful.

for someone with low self confidence, they could get hit on by like, 20 guys, telling her 'she's beautiful.' but she wouldn't believe it, unless she had confidence in herself.

so my answer is, no.

for me, guys hitting on me doesn't make me feel beautiful.

i need to gain confidence in order to feel it, and think it.

• I have a lot of "popular" girls getting the your so pretty comments, and sometimes there not all that pretty, but their personalities make them gorgeous, there's so many factors that go into beauty, so don't just think looks are what makes beauty : )

• not always.