What's up with all the people wearing sunglasses indoors?

Is that the little hipster fashion nowadays? Is it REALLY that bright up in here? Do I need to write to the dean and ask him to dim the lights on campus? I don't get it. Some guy walked into chem class today wearing his shades as if that was the coolest thing ever, he looked like an absolute moron to be honest. Someone please explain this to me...is that just the cool thing to do now?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll admit, I used to laugh at those people. However, this year, I can't anymore. Due to a crash last year, I now have photophobia (not a fear; I get headaches from bright light), I have to wear my sunglasses inside, even at work, and yes, I even have a doctor's note telling me to.

That said, I'm sure the percentage of people who NEED to wear glasses inside is infinitesimal compared to those who just think it's cool and probably need to get their a**es kicked a little.

• Now that I think about it, I still laugh at them!

• Yeah for sure, I understand some people have medical conditions but like you said, that percentage is infinitesimal at best.

• I'm just happy that I got to use the word "infinitesimal" in a sentence! You almost never get a chance to use that word without grossly exaggerating! :)

What Girls Said 12

• What's up with all the people wearing sunglasses indoors? Fashion trend or gender thing.

For the gender thing in most guys cases the sunglasses hide their eyes so they feel free to objectify and see girls as body parts without having to hear a girl complain about it

For the gender thing in most girls cases the sunglasses are worn 24/7 to prevent signs of aging in the eye area and they are aware that sunlight can still be filtered indoors through the windows.

Is that the little hipster fashion nowadays? In most cases

Is it REALLY that bright up in here? It could be light sensitivity is rising for some odd reason.

Do I need to write to the dean and ask him to dim the lights on campus? Only if other people wearing sunglasses indoors bothers you that much going by this question it probably does

is that just the cool thing to do now? Cool to others

• I got hit on couple days ago at an intersection with sunglasses on and it was dark out (aroun 7-8pm) and asked for my number. I ended up telling him I don't date guys who wear sunglasses at night.

This didn't really answer your question, but thought I should share that story with you. But anyway.. I think it's ridiculous, it just makes you look like an idiot with no common sense.

• LOL. "I don't date guys who wear sunglasses at night, and hit on girls at intersections..."

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story with me :)

• is there a most adorable answer?

• aww.. thanks that's sweet

• Its not the cool thing...just a thing I guess. When people start wearing snow gloves in the summer and home addresses on there self-created license plates...then maybe I will be a little more surprised.

• LOL I was thinking this today! I walked into class today and literally at least half of the people in there were wearing sunglasses... I was so confused.

• it's called 'douchebag-fashion'. it's the latest trend. :D

• They call it "douchebaggery" and it runs rampant with no regard for its host. Case in point- look at the cast of Jersey Shore. The infection there became so severe, the host now depends on teh douchebaggery to live.

• @ Lena, Jersey Shore is ground zero for the virus. Many folks have speculated, they are the result of the virus taking on human form.

• good thing I'm trigger-friendly 0:)

• omg I hate it, I don't think its cool at night, that's like wearing your sunglasses in the middle of the night... people are stupid LOL one day there gonna realize how stupid they looked

• idk about sunglasses indoors, but I know about link

• hahahahah stupid music from my generation. And rumor has it that your futures is so bright you gotta wear shades!

• Rumors?!?!?! Hmmmmmmmmm What rumors? =\

• I have no clue but that's REALLY funny! :D It's crazy what people do to try and look cool. :D

• I never wear sunglasses, indoor or outdoor, haha.

• neither do I lol. They mess with my sinuses and give me headaches :-O

• Lol, that sucks. I just don't wear them because it's another item to carry around when I'm not wearing them. :P

• he was probably high and his eyes were red. My guy friends wear sunglasses indoors because of that. Or my mom used to because she had migraines.

• Yeah for medical reason I can understand, and for people who smoke then I guess although there's still eye drops. But this guy I'm referring to is just always falling asleep in class and idk, I don't think he takes school serious in the slightest bit.

• maybe it's so the teacher won't notice he's asleep.

• fashion

• They think it's cool. I think it's stupid.

What Guys Said 16

• i'm glad they do it, no matter how sh*tty my day may be going at least I'll have that one thing to snicker at.

• The trends just get dumber and dumber.

I remember when it was "in" to wear hats with the tags still on them. I thought that was the epitome of stupid, but I have to admit, sunglasses indoors or at night has even that beat.

• Wtf? Hats with the tags still on them was a trend at one point?

*facepalm*

• You just wait till wearing your underwear outside your pants is cool...

• Minnie Pearl ftw

• Depends, I've never done it in that situation, but I have done it if I was outside rocking the shades and needed to make a quick trip to shop rite or something, there's no place to put them down and I'm not about to keep em over my head or anything when I'm just walking in, buying some small bit item like gum or a snack or shaving cream and walking out, not worth the trouble. Same thing goes for when I'm outside with them on and the people I'm with keep going in and out of various places, it's too much trouble to take them off. The only other time I can recall wearing them indoors was when my contacts were so ridiculously dried up they made my eyes look like cyclops, I was sick and tired of people keeping on going your eyes are red what happened. My solution? Stop them from being able to see my eyes. It worked out pretty well. It was either that or take out the contacts and not be able to see.

• Only tools do that, or men who want to fondle women with their eyes in a not-so-discreet fashion.

• If you really want to look like a total moron who thinks they'll be blinded by non-existant sunlight in their own homes, more power to them. However, to each their own.

• It's actually the most retarded thing ever lol, there was this one woman on this train I used to get last year who wore sunglasses all the time. I know she wasn't blind or anything, one time when I got the 7.30am train it was still dark outside, like pitch black and she was wearing them. I was thinking 'how the hell does she see with those on'. My personal fav is when people wear them when its raining, I've seen this so many times, I actually feel embarrassed for them. I hate those sunglasses that are so huge they cover the girl's whole face lol, during chemistry earlier this week I saw a girl wearing this massive coat, caked on makeup and to top it off, the massive ridiculous sunglasses... it looked so bad like it was cloudy that day, not a bit of sun to be seen anywhere and IT'S INDOORS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! llololol

• Hangovers.

That's one reason, the other reason is that it looks 'cool bro'...

• i wear them while driving.. it really sucks when you have to drive at 5pm directly into the sun -_-

• I wear my sunglasses all the time - when its sunny or cloudy, daytime or nighttime, indoors or outdoors. It is the coolest thing ever ;)

• If you read the posts, I'd conclude the general consensus is borderline dumbest thing ever...

• WATCHO LAUGHIN' AT BOIIIIIIIII

[Cough, rubbing throat]

Ugh...There's gotta be an easier convincing USA accent. [Cough] This disguise is harder than I thought!

• i always call them douches lol

• its douchery unless you look like this link

• Stoned?

• You are complaining about indoors?...what about at night? I have seen people wear sunglasses at night. I have also seen that trend in rap videos.

I'd imagine most of these stars want to appear "less human" because with shades on, no one can see their eyes. It's almost like they are wearing a mask to protect themselves or they feel too conscious. I am not sure if this makes sense to you.

• It's just tools, bros, and douche bags.

• I think it is fridiculous (freakin ridiculous) I think they only person on gag that could pull it off and still be cool would be Karkingjack-sadly he is a goner as he went all the way back to...Vietnammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• people like you who are unfashionable simpletons wouldn't understand celebrity like behavior

• You're right, people with functional brains/retinas will just never understand. Thanks anonymous. :)