What makes a girl look self sufficient, independent, and stubborn?

My mom tells me that I have this aura or look about me that screams out independent, self sufficient, and someone who can survive out in the world without receiving any sort of help. She admits that one of the reason why she has high expectations from me and takes out her anger on me is because I appear very stubborn, very smart, and independent-minded, whatever that means.

I take this as a sort of insult as girls are not supposed to appear self sufficient or strong because it might scare away guys?

What kind of an image of a girl do you imagine when you hear these decriptions? Any physical characteristics?

Maybe I give off this same impression to guys my age, which is somehow responsible for the fact that I've never had a boyfriend before ( I am 22 years old)?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I take this as a sort of insult as girls are not supposed to appear self sufficient or strong because it might scare away guys?

Uh, I have to disagree. It's a compliment and any guy who gets turned off by a capable woman is not a real man.

What kind of an image of a girl do you imagine when you hear these descriptions?

Yea, I think of myself!

Any physical characteristics?

We are beautiful in our own way, just like everyone else.

Maybe I give off this same impression to guys my age, which is somehow responsible for the fact that I've never had a boyfriend before?

I am 24 years old (in 5 days), and I never had a boyfriend. Partially, that is my fault because I stayed focus on work so long I have forgotten how to have fun. It wasn't because guys weren't interested. I just thought that was the case.

A lot of guys fear rejection. You have to show them you are interested.