Knee high boots / thigh high boots?

Why are thigh high boots considered to be/look slutty/trashy, while knee high boots are normal to everyone?

And what's your personal opinion on thigh high boots? (Girls and guys)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have thigh high boots. They're flats, so they look more casual. They are comfortable as f*ck and look cute with skirts/dresses :) I prefer them cos they fit my legs better. I have slim calves and knee high boots are always too wide for me :S

I don't think they look slutty or whatever themselves, it depends how you dress them. :)

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think I've seen thigh high boots before but anything that high on your legs cause you to look at a women's legs and basically check them out. I'm all for it.

• I am a man who just adores those boots, love to see any women in them as they are such a huge turn on! Ozeboy! ;-)

• Knee high's cover more skin than thigh highs. The more skin we see, the sexier.

• If that logic universally true, then everyone would agree that shoes that only go up to your ankles are always sexier than boots, cause they show more skin. And A LOT of people think boots are very sexy.

What Girls Said 4

• I have several thigh high boots, all with stiletto heels. Depending on what you wear with it they can be very slutty or kind of normal dressy.

• Perhaps, because thigh high boots are associated with strippers and hookers?

There is no purpose to have boots that high other than to look sexy. Up to one's knee is logical in the sense when it is raining or snowing one wouldn't want to get their feet wet.

• Ok, but nowadays the actual "purpose" of cothes isn't important anymore anyway, it's all about how it looks and nothing else. What do we need jewelry, ear rings, etc. for? Nothing, we just think it looks good on us. And why would they be associated with strippers? Tattoos have been associated with prisoners and rude sailors for a long long time, and now every average joe can have a tattoo and it's totally accepted in society. So again, what makes them look sluttier than knee high boots?

• Hell yea *high five*

• thigh highs are for sluts.

• So every woman who wears them is automatically a slut? Wow, that's harsh. What happened to the good old "matter of taste"?

• the higher it is, the slutty it is. same goes for heels