Do you think that looks are the most important thing?

I do. When I was in primary school, it just so happens the most popular boy was the best looking guy in the school, on the other hand I was teased and outcasted because my teeth werent that great and I was a bit chubby. I had a crush on this one girl because of guess what, her looks. And all the best looking guys in the school was asked out by her. I became friends with her and was talking to her alot, but I never asked her out because of the truth of the matter is, I wasn't good enough, I would just be rejected.

At least things arn't as bad now. The ironic thing here is that now I'm standing at 6 feet tall, with straighter teeth (from braces, and I actualy brush regularly now), wile he's a shorty, only at around 5"5. Look are the most important thing, I've seen too much. Anyone can fake a personality. Girls go out with the biggest a**hole, but they don't care because they are good looking. I'm probably only a 7 or 8 out of ten, and I still get ignored constantly for guys who are 10/10's. If I was amazingly good looking, I wouldn't of had any problems in my life. I would have the girl, I would have all the friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think looks first spark the interest but the personality locks it in

What Girls Said 6

• Looks ARE very important to both girls and guys because looks attract initially. I think the only difference after that is guys are able to look no further and simply see looks if the girl is attractive enough where as personality comes into play for girls

• looks are not important. the last guy I like and fell in love with has a good personality. I love him very much and he isnt' the most handsome. so don't think looks are the number one thing at all.

• Sure looks are important but they aren't the "most important" thing. Other things also do factor in.

• no, personality is very important as well.

• Anyone can fake one though.

• true. but still, it seems to be just as important as looks. looks attracts someone, but personality makes them stay.

• No looks are not the most important. It's necessary for me to be attracted to the guy but that's it.

• No, I don't.

Maybe because I was never insecure about my looks and never was obsessed with the way I look. So, I disagree.

What Guys Said 5

• Sandra Bullock is pretty much America's sweetheart, and I'm sure no one would give a damn about her if she wasn't so healthy and attractive. So yes, looks are very important. You can get away with being 'wise' and 'kind', it's true -- but looks really help you a great deal.

That said, stupidity ruins the effect, as does selfishness.

• Looks attract people; the personality makes the relationship last.

• I'm ugly. So looks aren't everything. (Some say that in my case they're NOTHING) Regardless there's more than looks. I think. I hope. I know some people disagree. Then again I never meeet people as ugly as me. I'm the only one not attractive so everyone (but me) wins.

• u shouldn't put yourself down so much

• Through an archaic procedure known as honesty I came up with that conclusion and have learned to believe it, especially after countless people have confirmed this over the course of life.

• No I don't think looks are the most important thing.

• They cause iniial attraction personality keeps me around