Should I cut my hair?

Yet another long vs. short question

I've had my long hair (by long I mean like in a pony tail, it's pretty long) for about 5 years now and I've been considering getting a haircut lately. Some people say it fits me well and some say I'd look better with a short haircut.

I'm just looking for opinions because this is a big deal for me. I know it depends on the face and everything, but still.

I'd rather not upload a pic but if it helps I'm about average weight and height, my face is about normal I guess, more skinny than fat.

I'm also nervous because I'm the only guy with long hair in my 'group' of friends, and some of them (especially the girls) didn't even know me with short hair.

I'd also like to hear your own personal story about cutting your hair if you have one, or about someone you know who did.

Lastly, for the ladies - what do you prefer on a man in general? pics of nice short\medium hairstyles are also welcomed.

Thanks for reading. Any comments or advice is more than welcomed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Long hair looks good on SOME guys, but I can confidently say that 95% of guys look better with it short. When guys with long hair suddenly get it cut short (by a skilled hairdresser) they nearly always look so much more attractive. It's like a butterfly coming out of it's cocoon, yo. As for what length I like - I really like guys with short, hair, but hair that's long enough to have a fringe, like this:

link

Very smexy, but that's just me.

What Girls Said 3

• Guys look good with either one. Professionally speaking more women associate with short hair. As a woman, I had long hair and a professional told me to get it cut so I did. It was easier to take care of and it seemed to earn more respect but on the other hand I did not get approached by men as much as before and I missed it. In the end, it is up to you. Fit in or be different. In the end it all works out about the same, unless your specific area requires short hair.

• Get a haircut, most girls like shorter hair on guys.

• i personally don't usually like long hair on guys, esp ponytail.

What Guys Said 3

• If you think you look better with longer hair, then keep it.

Never EVER listen to other people's opinion on how to look, unless the person is work related.

I had long hair but I had to cut it because my choice of school to study emphasizes practicality. I regret it, but it's way easier to keep in check; in fact, I don't even need to do anything. Just dry it and voila, ready to go.

Long hair is cool IF you spare the time to take care of it properly. Just do whatever you want.

• Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons, but if you want to, go ahead. If you don't like it you can grow your hair back, and it might really suit you.

• Well I had hair past my shoulders about 4 or 5 years ago. I should of kept it for me because I loved the way it felt and like to have my hair pulled by a woman. It was a pain to take care of and when I drove with my sunroof open or with the windows open it was a pain because it always whipped me in the face. I think most women like me with shorter hair but I still regret cutting it. You may want to have about 10 responses from females and then take their word on it as my opinion is not as important as mine for obvious reasons.