Do you put the eyeliner inside your rims?

Where do you draw your eyeliner? (Which part of the eye do you put it on?)

A lot of people put it inside the bottom rim. But I don't like how it looks on me...my eyes are big and kind of deep set so they have a natural shadow, and I find that lining the bottom inner rim makes them look too dark and shadowy, and kind of sunken in.

I put mine on the top and bottom lashlines, and on top I also draw a bit on the rim, in between my top lashes. I find that on top the inner rim looks good drawn in, it opens your eyes and makes your lashes look thicker, but on the bottom it has a closing effect.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should always put more on top than on the bottom. That's just a good rule of thumb. Doesn't mean that it's right but it just looks weird when there's more on the bottom than on the top.

That said, I would like my upper rim before I lined my lower rim. But I don't do it. It's kind of too much work for daily makeup. If I'm really going all out on my makeup, I do line my rims cause my eyes are already big and round anyway. I can get away with it and it looks good on me. Anyone with small eyes should never line the rims

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• no I don't put it in the rims I put it on the lash line.

• Yeah, I only do my upper lashline for pretty much the same reason as you.

• When I put mine on the bottom, most of the time, I just like to put it on my waterline and my lower lash line. The only time I line both top and bottom heavily is when I wanna do cat eyes.

• I usually only put it on my top lash line. If I put it on the bottom, it's usually only from the outer corner to the centre. I have big, round eyes - so if I put too much it can just make them too googly. :P Inner rim I usually put white eyeliner - makes 'em pop.

• Only on top. Looks much better in my humble opinion.

• Sometimes I'll line my upper waterline. The effect makes your top lashes look fuller.

• I put my eyeliner right on the rim because if you put it below the rim it looks to gothic like for me and I'm a happy person and also if your sweating it'll start to run and splug :)

• Yeah it depends on the person. On some people I think the bottom inner rim looks great. If your eyes aren't deep set or small it looks good. Also, I find that if you have dark circles or bags, lining the inner rim tends to accentuate that. So it really varies. For me personally, I always find it looks better on my lashlines.

• I put it on the bottom when I'm wearing eye shadow when I'm not I put it on the top then I add a light eye shadow