Tone up stomach, will there be any improvement? If so, how long until it shows?

First off, I'm not fat at all. I'm 5'8 and weight about 125 lbs. My stomach Is flat, but I want it to be a little bit more toned. Say I do one hundred of these: link

Will there any improvement if I do one hundred everyday? And how long until I see results? Also, how do I know if I'm doing them right?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be better to do a few different ab workouts to change it up. The problem is if you develop one side of your body too much your body will tilt toward the direction of the stronger muscle. This is why many men have forward tilted postures, they tend to workout the front parts of their bodies more because they notice it when looking in the mirror I guess. Lower back muscles are neglected by most and tend to be weak. Working out your abs is great but you should also workout your lower back so you can maintain good posture. If you workout your abs too much while having a weak lower back you may find yourself bending forward while sitting in a chair.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, yes, but I'd recommend general core muscle traiing instead of focusing too much on one small area. You could strain or tear something doing that many every day.

• You will see results after a while, but you also have to incorporate healthy nutrition. Do more interval training. Get some light weights in your work outs.

• If you don't have fat covering your abs, sounds like you don't, you should see results pretty quickly. That exercise alone will not do it. You can look up exercise to do and I recommend doing a circuit where you do about 12-15 reps and switch, do them in a circuit and don't stop until you cannot do any more. There are exercises that focus on mainly lower abs as well, don't leave these out because lower abs are the hardest to develop. I would recommend doing a total core workout 3 days a week. Even ab muscles need rest to grow!

• Awe, you're cute. :)

• just sayin ;)

• lower abs aren't really harder to develop but you won't notice them as much because its harder to get rid of the fat the lower you go

• More protein and deadlifts.

What Girls Said 1

• Always quality over quantity. Find some good ab workouts and stick to a couple sets. You're always hearing about people who do hundreds of basic, boring crunches and the reality is that they're not doing squat for their abs because they're doing hundreds.

Youtube some ab work outs, get an idea of what you'd like to try/what would target the areas you want, and go for it. Start out slow, with a low number of reps to see how you handle, just so you don't hurt yourself. Then work your way up.