Girls: Do you find it annoying how guys on this site talk about make up?

Disclaimer* : this is directed to girls who wear make up on a daily basis.

Sorry for the generational but lately I have been reading a lot of make up questions and many of the guys answers go something like "I don't like make up", "Girls who wear no make show they are confident". I know for a fact most of the guys that say that wouldn't be able to tell if a girl has minimal/ natural looking make up on or none at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're right, because a lot of guys have no clue what makeup a girl is wearing. I know my boyfriend can't tell, but I don't wear much. Usually just mascara. Some girls do go overboard, and while it might not look the nicest, it is not that common. A lot of girls are quite good at doing their makeup, just look at the tutorials. There are ways for people to learn now, more so than before. So having a girl with caked on makeup is not a fool-proof way to tell whether she is wearing too much or not. There are a lot of girls who wear lots but you can barely tell. It's the skill of blending and choosing colors that makes it look good :)

What Guys Said 4

• I think guys are lying because everyone looks better with at least some foundation- and I'm not trying to sound mean. Makeup makes a woman look more feminine and desirable. But when they cake it on and look like barbie, it's definitely too much... Or when they wear that black sh*t all around their eyes.

• I always say some make-up is good, but don't turn yourself into a clown.

• Make up is all good and shows she cares about her looks... But cake-up is what I hate

• Just as long as it blends into your face well and doesn't LOOK like you're wearing makeup then I'm cool with it.

What Girls Said 9

• Guys usually have no clue when it comes to makeup and how much a girl is wearing unless its obviously caked on. Chances are if she wasn't wearing the makeup she has on then they wouldn't even give her a second glance in today's society with girls who are trying to look perfect.

• Yeah, very annoying, since they pretty much can't tell the amount of makeup girls wear, regularly think girls with quite a bit of makeup on are attractive (all of which I can't really fault them for, since they generally aren't very well versed in makeup), and yet (and this is what REALLY kills me) they act so damn judgmental and condescending about girls who do wear makeup, and go on and on about how *~NATURAL BEAUTY IS THE ONLY KIND OF BEAUTY YOU FAKERZ*~

• I wear make-up everyday.

And I'm not completely lacking in male attention.

So I don't really care what the guys on here prefer - besides, I don't think it's a huge deal anyway.

People are entitled to their own opinion on the matter.

• It's simply unrealistic how the guys on girlsaskguys view makeup

In real life, guys aren't picky about makeup. I see cakefaces with boyfriends ALL of the time and NO the guys aren't using them for sex

Dudes on girlsaskguys don't even know what "natural" looks like

• YES

IRL,no guy has ever said that they're bothered by makeup-in fact,every guy I know likes girls who wear makeup,and all their girlfriends wear makeup.

• Well obviously, there are a lot of girls that wear it. I wear makeup and I'm not going to change that just based on what guys on this site say. Some don't even know what they're talking about.

• They can't tell the difference, that's why they say it... Just compare hollywood people with and without make and ask this same guys which they like the best... I bet its the make up, make is like a Photoshop tool it does miracles when is not over use it

• Yeah that's because to them it's there if they can see it in an obvious way. A lot of young guys I know are anti makeup, the guys who are a little older and wiser don't seem to hate it, or maybe they just expect it, or have learned that it can look nice if it is done right and not too heavy or bright.

When guys say no makeup they generally mean no cakeface. Nothing very thick, heavy, overly dark, or bright. If it is natural looking and not really obvious they don't mind.

• Come back in a few years.

Also it's rather obvious to tell who wears make-up and who doesn't.

Also we all have our own opinions about things... some guys like it, some don't.