Why do guys grow facial hair? It's super annoying.

Then if you don't shave it for a week or so it starts to get irritating. What is the point anyway? There isn't an evolutionary advantage to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had a chin strap for the last 7 years and in the winter I grow out my beard completely. The reason for the full beard is because IL get extremely cold in the winter and the cold wind hurts when I am walking between classes at school. The reason for a chin strap is because girls seem to like it and I feel too plain and not me without it. I have had it so long that I am used to it. Also shaving sucks. I think shaving your neck is worse then the irritation from the beard, and really the beard isn't irritating at all unless you pull on it. Honestly some guys just look good with a beard and the reason more people don't have them is because they can't have them at their jobs or they simply can't grow a very good one that is not all patchy and looks weird.

What Girls Said 6

• All body hair serves the purpose of trapping heat close to the skin in cold weather to keep you warm. Personally, I love when guys have a little bit of facial hair. Embrace your beard bro (;

• i love facial hair. much better than clean shaven 90% of the time

• Style? To express individuality? Some styled facial hair looks awesome on certain men but most of the time I prefer no facial hair. It's just irritating on my skin when making out and a lot of times it doesn't look that good.

• You never answered my message or friend request. Not nice.

• Oh... well I don't add people that I haven't really spoken to via questions. And I don't pay too much attention to msgs because, well, most of the time they're interesting... in a bad way (penis/trying to hook up). Sorry you got offended..

• make an exception for me?

• so they don't look like little boys

• better Q-why do women grow facial hair?

• my boyfriend does the 5 o clock shadow look and it looks so sexy :) I love it.

What Guys Said 7

• Wow you let something so simple like a guy with facial hair bother you? How do you live with yourself?

• The only thing I don't like about it is I could shave when I wake up in the morning and by dinner time I already got stubble sucks

• The evolutionary advantage is being a man you p****-whipped queer boy.

• Well I can barely grow facial hair anyway... sweeeeeeeeeet.

• Some guys like to have a unique style/look, others do it probably because shaving sucks. I have thick facial hair. I still shave it all off, but it sucks to shave. If you have peach fuzz it's probably not that big of a deal, but when you can destroy a 3-4 blade razor in one shave it not as fun to shave. =P If I don't have to do any face to face business I let my facial hair grow a little for a few days then shave (I'm OK with some scruff). Once you have grown a little facial hair it doesn't itch anymore. It's something your body becomes accustomed to.

• Facial hair is an evolutionary signal that a man is reaching sexual maturity. We're still animals.

• i don't really like my facial hair but I dislike breaking out into razor bumps even more