Have you ever succeeded in losing an ugly trait that you once had?

What was it?

And how did you do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Great question.

I don't think I've succeeded in "losing" an ugly trait so much as dampening it and/or learning how to control it. But I think a person is defined by their actions, not their thoughts, so I think it should count for something. ^_^

When I was in my teens I struggled with depression. When I was at my lowest I became a person I hated. Whilst I still see my limitations and know that I'm flawed, I've gotten rid of that self-hate. I'm happy with who I am now. I know that I can still make progress, but I'm proud of myself for how far I've come and the fact that I did it completely on my own.

What about you, Sal? :)

• You are so beautiful inside and out, Tenny :) As for me, yeah I "lost" some ugly traits and there are others that I'm working on. They aren't super ugly, but I'm pretty hard on myself (as you'd imagine). Years ago, I used to compare myself to others and get jealous. I wouldn't do any harm to others, but it was self-destructive. Also, I still am a perfectionist but I managed to tone it down a bit and become more flexible. These ugly traits, that I lost or still exist, does harm to me, not others.

• Steve Irwin (may he RIP) - isn't that the same guy? Idk. Apparently I'm not familiar with Aussie pop culture. Wait.. SHUDDAP DOM!

• I loved Steve Irwin! :( may he RIP.

What Guys Said 11

• Well, of course, when I bork eup with that zionist vixen many years ago, I lost a really ugly 'trait.'

• 1.Poor self esteem.

2.Poor confidence.

3.Shyness.

And I am not sure how I got rid of them o_O

• If there is a will, there is a way :)

• Maybe that is how I got rid of them

Mua ha ha ha (devil laugh)

Um ...yeah :-P

• yea. I was awkwardly lanky I guess would be the best way to describe it. Then I put on some muscle and everything evened out

• I've had my moments of for lack of a better wodd depression that I've gotten through

• Yeah. Fifty pounds. Got rid of it with a combination of eating better, exercising and ecstasy usage (appetite hasn't been the same since I did it).

• I've lost many since entering college. Most of it was due to working out.

• I no longer blindly believe in religion nor shove it down peoples throats like I did in high school.

• Nope. I still have them.

• I have yet to do so.

• I had athletes foot before... That was not too attractive, but it's gone now. =P

• I am yet to loose it .

My ugly trait is using this site and I want to get over it .

One ugly trait I got over was using Facebook , but I got another one- GirlsAskGuys .

I just cannot get completely over social networking :(

What Girls Said 2

• Awesome question! I have a bad habit or whining or making too big out of a deal of things when they don't go they way I want them to. Even if it's something that shouldn't be a big deal. I'm working on it and I've been making progress but it's not completely gone yet lol.

I'm also a huge procrastinator. I have a hard time with motivation to do anything that's not fun lol. I really wish I could figure out how to stop doing it. So if anybody knows the secret please tell me!

• Yes, I have. I use to be short tempered; my wrath frightened people twice my age. I overcame it because I knew I didn't want to be that person. I knew I wasn't that person. So, when I felt someone hurt my pride, I would just let it go. If I was being insulted, I would look them in the eye and stayed calm. Eventually, it got easier and easier and I forced myself to mature.