What do you think about guys wearing scarves?

This seems to be quite a debate...do girls like the style of a guy wearing a scarf? Does he need to have a certain outfit to be able to pull it off?

I wear a scarf with my knee length winter coat and work clothes (business), and I think it looks fine. I've had some girls tell me that I shouldn't wear scarves, and others tell me that I should get more scarves so that I can color coordinate! Which one is it?!

Just to let everyone know, this is just a curiosity question, not specific advice for me. I wear scarves. They keep me warm. I just wanted to hear people's opinions. So don't worry about me making my own choice, I already have. But thanks for the input!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the outfit and his personal style.

A nice business coat with a suit and scarf totally makes sense to me. Of course it has to be a "manly" scarf (ie: not a cream coloured knit), made from quality fabric and not too long. Wearing scarves with t-shirts on the other hand I do not understand. It looks pretentious.

Ultimately some girls will love, hate or be indifferent to it. If you think it looks good and it keeps you warm, wear it.

What Girls Said 15

• Considering the fact that I'm from Connecticut, I wouldn't even notice it. Especially if the guy was dressed the way you described. It's freakin December; since when is it fashionably unacceptable for guys to be warm?

Every girl is going to have a preference, so you might as well just do what you want. If you want to wear a scarf, go ahead. If you want to color coordinate them, go ahead. Although, I think that's a bit much--neutral tones go with everything.

• Scarves, if worn correctly, can compliment and put together an outfit. Scarves can be fashionable as well as practical. Some women don't like men who look fashionable because they think it's emasculating. Other girls love it. Don't wear or not wear scarves with the intention of picking up women, though, that's a bit counterintuitive and indirect. If you're attractive, confident and stylish it won't even matter.

• It depends. Some girls will hate ir, and some girls will love it, while other girls won't care either way.

Personally, I love scarves on guys! I think it makes them look so much more cute and fashionable. ^^

• I think it looks cut when a guy wears a scarf. I live in winter weather most year round so I think it's cute.. .

• guys can wear wht they wanna wear, and wearing a scarf implies individuality.. and also that you kno how to keep ur dang neck warm :) so its a plus.

• If you mean a wool scarf or some other really thick scarf which is designed to keep you warm then it's ok...I don't see a problem.

But if you're referring to a scarf which is made out of some specific delicate linen...like silk or sth, then I'd be a little worried about you... haha xD

• i think it makes guys look gay Very few can pull it off

• What can a guy do to be more likely to pull it off?

• Well I personally think like the guys that wear them tucked into business suits can pull it off sometimes ..if they aren't like tucked in it reminds me of the abercrombie models that wear scarfs and no shirts haha rediculous

• I don't like them. They look weird. Maybe this style link but nah, I still kind of hate it. I don't know why. But don't listen to me, wear whatever you like, that's just my opinion haha.

• I depends on what the girls like. I'm not a big fan of guys wearing scarves but my friend went to france and she loves french boys with their scarves

• i like the spring.summer scarves on guys. of course it depends on the outfit but I'm into that indie sort of look.

• I love lads in scarves! I think its real nice!

This one boy I no always weres one with a beige shirt/jacket thingy, looks well good!

I say lads should keep the scarves! whatever colours x

• for me it looks like you went maiking out with a girl and she made a mark on your neck,makes you need the scarf to cover it...

• I like it when guys wear scarves. I like the arabic looking ones (no offense anyone) a lot

• if you can rock it then its hot go for it

• I think a guy wearing a plaid scarf (or any type) with a nice long length winter coat makes them look older and more mature. It really depends. But mostly, if you want to stay warm, then stay warm. It shouldn't matter what other people say.

What Guys Said 5

• Scarfs make a man more sophisticated and seemingly look more intelligent. It's a very fine way of dressing up, and most mature women love the look. Perhaps those who don't like it, are those who are the more rowdy type. I love winter clothes and that is my style.

• i wear a scarf almost every day. But I don't wear it for style. style can go to hell as far as I'm concerned but I wear it because it keeps me warm and my girlfriend made it for me

• so lame, don't do it.

• yeah man I don't think us guys could pull it off unless you have an ill swagga haha

• HAHAHAH males and scarves...what a bunch of _______'s. You fill in the blank.

• That blank doesn't even make sense. There wouldn't be an apostrophe there for a plural word. Thanks for the uninformative and grammatically incorrect answer. Great contribution.